Why a Tribes single player will TOTALY ****ING KICK ASS!!!!!!!!111

Sir Lucius
04-27-2003, 01:20
here's why (Ithink).

Since this is a tribes game, thrax and mars were probably like, "SKiing skiing! Blah blah blah!!! >:F" and then KP was like, "yo, i think ____________"

So they are going to be like, "hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. How can we use all the cool elemnets of tribes universe in a single player game?"

Customization!

I swear this game will play like an RPG where you can pick your load out and gain levels and all sorts of crazy ****.

Why did Deus Ex kick ass?

Cuz it was an RPG, THAT'S why.

People LOVE having their character get stronger as the story progresses -- it's something that's just ****ing EPIC. We see it in almost every story of good vs evil in existance.

It also exist in every game ever -- but it's in the form of weapons. As you progress you get better weapons. This is how we level up in the old days.

Doom2 (cuz I like doom2 better than doom1)
I start with a pistol and fist (and chainsaw if you're cool like me :P) And then I get a shotgun (ding!) and then a SUPER shotgun (ding!) and then a chaingun (ding!) and then a rocket launcher (ding!) and then a plasma machine gun (I loved this gun, DING!) and then a bfg9000 (mother ****ing DI ****ing NG). Deus ex was cool cuz they were like, "Let's add rpg elements" And that game ****ing kicked ass.

Castlevania symphony of the night was the best castlvania game ever b/c they were like, "let's add rpg elements."

Oh my Jesus, that's what it's all about. It's single player too so hit us up with crazy crap of cuztomization rpg elements AND...

A story that's worthy. We looooooooooooooove a good story. Why do single player games suck these days? No story. Why do rpg games kick ass always? Cuz of story. Why are books so popular? Cuz they're ****ing rpg in BOOK form, that's ****ing why!!

We've all played doom 40598430593450345 times through. We all loved quake, and quake 2 was "omfg that was awesome." And then we played half life and we were like. "......................... ................... :o"

And then game companies were like, "hey! let's make stories that suck! :-D"

Then games started to suck -- this **** was bull****.

Hi I'm unreal 2 -- I suck! Wtf? What a bunch of bull****.

ok, fine -- make my game 6 ****ing hours long, but at LEAST make it fun to play. The last sp game that was fun I think was Max Payne (WHICH I ****ING BOUGHT MENZO THANK YOU ****ING VERY MUCH! I don't know why the **** you've gotta be putting me on a mother ****ing guilt trip b/c I warezed a few **** ass games that ****ing sucked ANYWAYS! You ****ing act like I'm the mother ****ig scum of the earth and I TRY not to say anything b/c I feel bad about it for NO reason. I don't NEED to impress you, what the **** is that? I mean I can KIND of understand, but man...that's was really bugging me. What was I saying?) Oh that's right, MAx PAyne. That game was cool, I liked bullet time, I didn't mind spending money on it (ANOTHER thing is I don't HAVE any money. I swaer when I do I buy ****).

But right, what I was saying is I think it's all about freedom of movement. Freedom of movement ****ing rocks. IT must be hard to teach bots that kind of thing tho which is why you don't see it much in games. Oh well. I'm taling about single player right? I think single player will ROCK :]

Kick ass story -- irrational games (they're cool, right?)
KP multiplay -- we're ****ing GOLD

What the **** am I gonna do for a year and a hlaf?

Yaason
04-27-2003, 01:41
im excited too, maybe not as much but yeah...

Sir Lucius
04-27-2003, 01:44
:lol: what the **** are you talking about?

Natural
04-27-2003, 02:01
You need to ease off the meth before you post.

I believe I've mentioned adding some of these "elements" into a single player game (but don't remember when). I'm sure that Irrational is going to add more actions to the game than movement and shooting... and a little more inventory than weapons and ammo.

In a perfect world, the modding capabilities would allow moders to create a complete RPG-style conversion =)

But seriouslly... ease off the meth.

Natural
04-27-2003, 02:02

Darius75
04-27-2003, 02:20
Irrational Games has done an FPS with well-integrated RPG elements before (http://www.sshock2.com). I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few didn't end up in Vengeance.

Void|deadjawa
04-27-2003, 04:01
AHAHAHAHAH natural just called lucius a meth addict hahhahaha.

Moker
04-27-2003, 04:32
all i wanna know is when do i get the gun that shoots bee's??

Locke355
04-27-2003, 06:35
You need to ease off the meth before you post.

end of thread.

Sir Lucius
04-27-2003, 14:05
Good night last night I can see http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Xeri0us
04-27-2003, 14:41
I think irrational knows what they are doing. Looking at past games that they have worked on i can say that i trust them with the next Tribes and i have faith that they wont kill the series.

buize
04-27-2003, 18:17
d