[T:V] Co-Op?

G1ZM0
04-25-2003, 14:45
SP+MP=Co-Op?

Could it happen?

I like the idea of SP. I think Co-Op could add a whole new level.

I havent' read throught the whole news thread yet so sorry if it's been asked.

Natural
04-25-2003, 14:51
Considering the game is going to be largely built on top of a "gigantic" story, integrating a co-op mode may be difficult.

sender
04-25-2003, 15:21
Actually, this is a really cool idea.

Tribes is multiplayer anyways...why not have a few levels where you HAVE to play with other peoples? Or perhaps the order of the map you play depends on how well someone else does in theirs?

Meh, more of a stand alone product anyhow.

G1ZM0
04-25-2003, 15:39
How about something like how TimeSplitters 2 does difficulty settings.
A SP level plays a certain way by itself but when you play Co-Op it opens up more options/story.
An example would be a stealth mission SP could be played as a squad assault in Co-Op.

Skyler
04-25-2003, 15:50
I believe the last 'real' cooperative games were Descent 1, 2, 3, whichever you liked the best. Cooperative multiplayer is my FAVORITE game type when it comes to single player campaigns. If it could be implimented, that alone would totally swing my decision of buying this game immediately.

JuSTCHiLLiN
04-25-2003, 15:51
Playing the original Doom on nightmare mode co-op was hilarious.

Evil Light Bulb
04-25-2003, 17:30
These guys made System Shock II;) My favorite multiplayer coop ever.

Void|deadjawa
04-25-2003, 17:31
Co-op is always fun for LANs, but dont count on them putting that much effort into it because it wont have that much of an effect on multiplay.

PyroTeknik
04-25-2003, 17:53
Hey, System Shock 2 had amazing Co-op.

I think they just might add it.
And it would rock, just like SS2's.
:o

TeckMan
04-25-2003, 18:28
how about don't waste any more time than absolutely necessary on game modes where you fight bots

JuSTCHiLLiN
04-25-2003, 19:17
Well, T:V is going to massively expand the single player side so get used to it.

G1ZM0
04-25-2003, 20:57
how about don't waste any more time than absolutely necessary on game modes where you fight bots

Last I heard there were whole seperate teams for SP and MP. So don't worry I'm sure MP will get it's fair share of attention.

I can't understand this fear that SP will some how take away form MP.
You'd think people would be happy we got some info on the new game.
:shrug:

TeckMan
04-25-2003, 21:54
i'm honestly not even going to try the single player unless my isp is down and i have nothing else to do at all.

Neek
04-25-2003, 21:54
It won't take away from the MP.
AS posted by Thrax in the big honkin' thread in general:

I understand your concerns, we probably deserve a bit of that considering the franchise history. Perhaps this will ease your concerns. Not counting QA, T1 had about 10 people on it's dev team, T2 had about 15, and TV has 25 right now. Add to that the fact that almost all of the engineering (physics, lighting, shadows, normal mapping, etc...) are required for both SP and MP and you'll see that the engineering staff's task list is 90% core tasks, and only about 10% MP/SP tasks. The real hit comes with the designers and artists, but it's all scheduled out, and our goals for MP are very significant, I think you'll be happy.

So, if that doesn't ease your fears, all I can ask you to do is to wait and see what we do - It's not fair for me to expect you to fall into lock step without seeing the proof, just as it's not fair for you to condemn without first seeing the evidence.
t1= 10 people
T2= 15 people
T:V = 25 people
Considering that aspects of SP & MP complement and influence each other in a big way, this can only be seen as a good thing. :)

R@ND0M
04-25-2003, 22:05
co-op is a good idea, although i wouldn't even think of putting it in T3 until i'd perfected the multiplayer

PyroTeknik
04-25-2003, 22:51
It'd be a neat bonus though.

Ceiling_Fan
04-26-2003, 00:07
Hey, System Shock 2 had amazing Co-op.

I think they just might add it.
And it would rock, just like SS2's.
:o

Co-Op was the only way I could stand to play SS2. The ****ing respawning assassins freaked me out way too much unless someone was watching my back.

DOOPY_LOOPY
04-27-2003, 21:15
Coop would be a great idea it's a hugely popular mode of play. Everyone loves a great coop ability.

Sir Lucius
04-27-2003, 21:49
If you have to take away from the story, then I'd rather not see it, but if you could play through as a seperate entity from the sp story I wouldn't have a problem.

Nonentity
04-28-2003, 14:45
Co-op is a good selling point for me. The Sven-Coop addon for half-life was awesome fun if you could get people together to play it. Halo co-op is just fun.

And I could NEVER get System Shock 2 multiplayer to work properly. It would always crash and do weird ****.