[T3] Judo Chop!!

Pages : [1] 2

TreW_SoulJa
04-25-2003, 04:01
Ok, T3 really needs a 2 foot or point-blank range karate chop. You could even do something Halo-style where i can hit someone w/ the butt of my gun - something that gives a significant reward for me getting that close to someone yet doesnt require me to change weapons or necessarily have a really low ping to use (shocklance).

The ping issue may be unavoidable, but regardless i dont want to change weapons for a point-blank karate chop style hit.

Everyone would love this, trust the jules.

oDDable
04-25-2003, 04:03
wtf how would they hit us with that twist?

:lol:

k no seriously pretty good idea, i like it.

Ixiterra
04-25-2003, 05:40
How often can you get close enough to an enemy, except maybe an OOB sniper who's not paying attention, for this to be useful at all?

No thanks.

Ambush_Bug[DTM]
04-25-2003, 10:36
How often can you get close enough to an enemy, except maybe an OOB sniper who's not paying attention, for this to be useful at all?

No thanks.

All the time for me, as HoF, HoG, HO, MO, or just about any other non-light armor role I play. Some kind of point-blank (ie: shorter than 'lance-range) weapon that didn't require pinpoint accuracy would be very, very nice.k

Ixiterra
04-25-2003, 11:16
']All the time for me, as HoF, HoG, HO, MO, or just about any other non-light armor role I play. Some kind of point-blank (ie: shorter than 'lance-range) weapon that didn't require pinpoint accuracy would be very, very nice.k

JUDO

CHOP! HI YA!

TreW_SoulJa
04-26-2003, 07:46
all the time:

bodyblocking is one prime example that happens all the time.

there's also plenty of times where im trying NOT to get close to an enemy so i dont hurt myself when i shoot them or MD them...

For you to ask when ur ever close enough to someone to do this means u dont play tribes enough.

cyclonite
04-26-2003, 08:04
What if it didn't kill the oponent, but concussed or retarded them?
Like you karate chop the capper, he loses all ability to jet and can no longer walk straight?
The Halo style kill is dumb, my idea is better :P hehe

Locke355
04-26-2003, 08:06
yes.. a judo chop would be quite effective against this: http://www.tribalwar.com/media/tw/tribes3/renderings/announce/PH_heavy-logo.jpg

next!

Darius75
04-26-2003, 11:28
But Locke, what if you were the heavy, and judo-chopped a light? Hoo boy.

Ragnafrak
04-26-2003, 11:48
word.. HoFs could judo chop julia all day.. u know triple would :rolleyes:

TreW_SoulJa
04-26-2003, 16:28
locke go away

if u want a simple explanation, someone with armor on could hurt someone else with armor on.

Just as easily they could add some sort of scythe blade to the arm.

just as easily, you could simple allow for heavier armor types taking less damage (like they already do, duh), so a light smacking a heavy wouldnt hurt as much as a light smacking a light.

And like those guys just said, a heavy smacking a light should hurt a lot more - that's a good balance because its easier to get close to someone when ur light, so hits should cause less damage, and its harder to maneuver close to someone when ur armor is heavier.

next!

Locke355
04-26-2003, 17:36
This has already been talked about.. no need for a new thread.

Scourge
04-26-2003, 23:12
can't you see body blocking someone and slapping them with a judo chop down to the ground like "NU UH ***** NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

Darius75
04-27-2003, 00:11
I propose the "Mortar *****slap" supermove, usable once a player kills ten opponents without dying.

Uncle Silas
04-28-2003, 00:47
I'd prefer a pistol whip type attack. Body block smackdown with the butt of your spinfusor.

Bump
04-28-2003, 03:39
id like to see a halo type "judo chop"

Buk Naked
04-29-2003, 16:54
Maybe it should be a twist...

BlodBath-VuP-
04-29-2003, 18:38
i'd like to see a bayonet personally...

Slash
04-30-2003, 08:20
*sigh*

None of you fags played Duke Nukem3d.

Freeze gun + kick quizzownzorizes you all. Sit the **** down.

[meph]DarkDonut
04-30-2003, 09:17
katanas would be ****ing OWN.

depending on the range of movement we're going to see (most likely on a higher lvl than Tribes 1 which is incredible freedom of movement), a sword would just be ****en cool. It could be used for some cool ****. Think about when you bodyblock someone, you could pull out your katana beforehand and then deal a nice blow with like a kick that automatically follows up to push them away. and only light armors could use it. With superior manueverability and speed because of jetpacks and lightweighted armor, this could be very useful.