[T3] Nades

SSJBejiita
04-21-2003, 00:17
I believe there should be whiteouts,concs, + regular nades.. Flares seem to ruin the game for me in t2.. I still play t2 but if you chase and your flag is in there zone you have to carry flares or be Rocketed..

I also think the rocket launcher should only fire on Vechs or just erase it from the game.

TeckMan
04-21-2003, 00:38
I believe there should be whiteouts,concs, + regular nades..
----
Flares seem to ruin the game for me in t2.. I still play t2 but if you chase and your flag is in there zone you have to carry flares or be Rocketed..

I also think the rocket launcher should only fire on Vechs or just erase it from the game.
----
:rofn:

Sir Lucius
04-21-2003, 08:57
Instead of whiteouts they shold be sensor jamming grenanaes. They kill your sound and destroy your sensor net. It's harder to know what to do when you don't have your IFF icons.

kesh
04-21-2003, 09:19
I'd like to see an animation rather than the grenade popping out of your nipple routine.

Ceiling_Fan
04-21-2003, 10:02
I'd like to see an animation rather than the grenade popping out of your nipple routine.

It popped out of your groin in T1

Flatscan
04-21-2003, 10:23
Keep all the nades except flares and remove the missile launcher or make it only fire on vehicles/dumbfire.

Sir Lucius
04-21-2003, 10:33
Keep all the nades except flares and remove the missile launcher or make it only fire on vehicles/dumbfire.

You think tribes3 is going to be too much like tribes2.

I don't even KNOW if they'll have a missle launcher OR grenades.

The only 2 things I'm sure about right now are the discluncher and the chaingun.

Yogi
04-21-2003, 11:16
White out grenades are and would be much too popular to develop a cheat around.

Regular grenades and concussion grenades is all you need. The rocket and flare combination made just about all the other grenades useless, especially for lights.

Sanchez
04-21-2003, 11:47
You think tribes3 is going to be too much like tribes2.

I don't even KNOW if they'll have a missle launcher OR grenades.

The only 2 things I'm sure about right now are the discluncher and the chaingun.

^^^

Ben Reed
04-21-2003, 12:59
White out grenades are and would be much too popular to develop a cheat around.

Regular grenades and concussion grenades is all you need. The rocket and flare combination made just about all the other grenades useless, especially for lights.

I agree, regular and concussion grenades are really all the grenades T3/TNTG needs.

I also second the motion for a throw animation.

Got Haggis?
04-21-2003, 13:44
Instead of whiteouts they shold be sensor jamming grenanaes. They kill your sound and destroy your sensor net. It's harder to know what to do when you don't have your IFF icons.

dunce_boy
04-21-2003, 14:06
EMP nades: disables turret and **** for short periods of time...that would be cool

edit: oh, and I aggree with the **** about flare nades

Imposter
04-21-2003, 14:08
The only gernades should be the ones that go boom and hurt.

Sir Lucius
04-21-2003, 14:29
I don't like emp grenades. Sounds like something that would just make turrets worthless.

Ben Reed
04-21-2003, 15:11
The only gernades should be the ones that go boom and hurt.

I think the concs have a valid niche, too, exchanging killpower for extra clearing oomph. Grenades and discs are good for clearing, but sometimes you really need to send 'em flying with a conc.

dunce_boy
04-21-2003, 15:14
not to mention conc nades are stand off savers. I cant think of how many matches would end in some stupid stand off with a Hvy hiding in a base with a shield pack for 15min if it were not for the conc nade.

TeckMan
04-21-2003, 16:46
if there's an animation there will also probably have to be a delay on the throw, and the characters will have to all hold their weapons with one hand.