T1: servers not showing up on join screen

sammyrocks
04-19-2003, 20:08
For some reason, both heaven and hell don't show up on my server screen. I can use the insert key to add them, or join manually, but every time I restart Tribes, they are gone again. Any ideas? Thanks.

React0r
04-19-2003, 20:32
It could a number of reasons.

Chainspark.dts and hm.exe now conflict not only w/ heaven and hell in-game, but on join server screen as well.

Sometimes, when someone has been banned from a server, then unbanned, he/she can then connect to the server but only manually or by hitting 'insert' but it will never stay...

Ceiling_Fan
04-19-2003, 20:34
For some reason, both heaven and hell don't show up on my server screen. I can use the insert key to add them, or join manually, but every time I restart Tribes, they are gone again. Any ideas? Thanks.

Your GameServerList.cs probably got set to Read Only, or otherwise corrupted.

R@ND0M
04-19-2003, 20:46
It could a number of reasons.

Chainspark.dts and hm.exe now conflict not only w/ heaven and hell in-game, but on join server screen as well.

Sometimes, when someone has been banned from a server, then unbanned, he/she can then connect to the server but only manually or by hitting 'insert' but it will never stay...

LOL

sammy, your GameServerList.cs will be corrupted.
List by Server-Name, and delete all the servers with __nEWbiE ReN SeRVER __ etc in them
infact, any server you don't want (Just select it and hit Delete on keyboard)
It should fix the problem, then after that you can make it read-only, so it doesn't happen again.

sammyrocks
04-20-2003, 00:56
LOL

sammy, your GameServerList.cs will be corrupted.
List by Server-Name, and delete all the servers with __nEWbiE ReN SeRVER __ etc in them
infact, any server you don't want (Just select it and hit Delete on keyboard)
It should fix the problem, then after that you can make it read-only, so it doesn't happen again.

thx rand...I get the idea that react0r doesn't like me very much: "It's either your cheats, or the fact that you have been banned from the server"

strange thing is, i had my hd die last saturday, and this is a fresh tribes install....

cyclonite
04-20-2003, 02:16
I used to have that problem. It was very strange.
I tried everything possible.

All I could do was reinstall Tribes and make me a fresh config.

R@ND0M
04-20-2003, 04:13
maybe he DOES like u, and hes warning you because he got caught cheating