Rilke
04-16-2003, 12:30
That would be l33t.

Sir Lucius
04-16-2003, 12:31
Similar to.. http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2 06193

Rilke
04-16-2003, 12:33
But accomplished in 1% of the words (which is somewhat ironic coming from me, I realize).

Quit trolling my threads Lucius.

Sir Lucius
04-16-2003, 12:34
If I didn't you'd have no replies at all :shrug:

Nonentity
04-16-2003, 12:41
Yea, what Luc said!

Wait, am I supporting this thread by agreeing with you or am I not supporting this thread by agreeing with you?

Rilke
04-16-2003, 15:33
If I didn't you'd have no replies at all :shrug:

You're right. Somewhere along the way I had forgotten that my self worth depends upon forum replies. But now I'm back on track. Thanks to you!

Sir Lucius
04-16-2003, 15:41
Well I always feel bad when one of my threads get no replies :[

Ok! Let's discuss an rts then!

What are the tribal resources? Gens right? Of course.

Maybe make it a fast paced rts for once. A very macro managed game where lights attack with great speed. You build farmer units and they set up preset turret patterns. I guess your gens build up energy over time which is how you buy stuff. No collecter units. I don't really know a good way to do the gen system tho. I always hated the rescource portion of real time strategy games.

[-mIze-]
04-17-2003, 10:26
I could see tribal Heroes like in WC III, a light w/ special moves like Fast Cap and l33t MA skills. Or a heavy hero with a one-time use nuke?

R@ND0M
04-18-2003, 01:38
yeah because there is a lack of B-Grade RTS' clogging up the industry at the moment

Totally Awesome idea!

SimoHayha
04-18-2003, 01:48
ns random

Rilke
04-18-2003, 01:58
yeah because there is a lack of B-Grade RTS' clogging up the industry at the moment

Totally Awesome idea!

Why would it be B grade?

Wils
04-18-2003, 03:55
Something like Battlezone but with decent physics and weapons would actually be really, really cool.

...And incredibly hard to make :)

edit: oh, and I dont think T3 should be it.

TreW_SoulJa
04-20-2003, 06:16
hm, what type of RTS would it be in terms of tribes aspects?

you could have it be a complete tribes -> RTS port, in which case it'd be CTF, with gens and infinite energy for big invs, and limited energy for remote invs. You'd have assigned customizable turret formations. Arrangements for your 10 man squad; 5-5 splits, 6-4 splits, clusters, HO ****, cappers, static LD, chasers, HOFs, etc.

The toughest thing would probably be setting the tactic variables for the 'players'. like...discing a HOF, MDing a hof, sniping cappers, MDing cappers, chasing, loadouts...etc. How often would a light capper be able to disc a hof and grab? etc.

If it's a more traditional RTS...You could go a lot of ways. You could have a limited squad still, possibly 10-man, or 14 or 16 or 20... Then have each team's "base" really be an objective that can be taken over (just like tribes...), upon capturing an enemy's base all their units become naked lights and they can 'cluster' or get the base back.

I dunno, this is a cool idea that i can talk about for years so im going to stop :)

PyroTeknik
04-20-2003, 09:54
I really can't picture Tribes as an RTS in the sense of Starcraft-ish click fest (no, I don't h8 starcraft); more of a tactical game like Ground Control or the widely ignored Starship Troopers.
Tribes does focus on soldiers themselves after all, so the lack of unit variety (come on, 3 units but with different weapon loadouts are still 3 damn units) would be compensated by a great number of tactical choices. Maybe even make it one of those games where you can pause and give orders & shiz.
Ressources should be taking a backseat to the action; kind of like a campaign; like in Homeworld. If you do good in one mission, you'll get more ordinance for the next, and so on.

Rilke
04-21-2003, 02:37
Since Tribes is not an fps as we know fps, Tribes rts would not have to be rts as we know rts.

P.S. Can I ignore myself?

Marweas
04-21-2003, 17:30
I agree, Pyro, I think all the fun of a Tribes strategy game would be in a tactical match. Take 2 teams of 16 players, when one dies they respawn at base, keeping it always 16 on 16. Then it becomes about how you load out your guys and where they're positioned in a match. Could be interesting.