[T2] Cable / Dial up

rage_sniper
04-16-2003, 07:17
I am thinking about switching from dialup to cable (road runner). As of right now my ping is around 350. I know that it will be much lower with cable, but i am curious if the extra $30.00 a month is worth it. If anyone has made the above switch I would greatly appreciate you input on the difference I can expect

Sir Lucius
04-16-2003, 07:30
Once you go broadband you will not know how you were able to live without it.

r0gue3
04-16-2003, 08:38

Rabid Poop
04-16-2003, 08:43
who hasn't made the "above switch"?

[-mIze-]
04-16-2003, 09:59
I haven't. My local cable co. is still struggling to upgrade the area. But you've got be kidding me rage, what kind of question is that? I played T2 at work for about 5 hours with like, an 80 ping, and I when I got home my aim was off for a week. The difference is huge. Especially for a game like Tribes/T2, where leading is required for most of the weps. But a lot of the newer games just won't play on dialup. So if you ever plan on trying anything after T2, get the cable. You're lucky you have it available.

rage_sniper
04-16-2003, 11:04
So when I get my cable I can plan on adjusting my whole gameplay. Shazbot...Im going to be a newb again

TeckMan
04-17-2003, 02:05
So when I get my cable I can plan on adjusting my whole gameplay. Shazbot...Im going to be a newb again
it doesn't take very long to go from a big ping to a smaller one. and your MAs will be 10x better ;)

Fidelio
04-17-2003, 02:41
there is no greater deal on the planet than todays residential broadband services.

it's a transforming experience and will change your whole outlook on the internet and its uses.

if it's available there's no question, get it.

Yaason
04-17-2003, 03:18
like i can d/l a file with my adsl in seconds which would take my friend on a 56k over an hour

Natural
04-17-2003, 04:25
Will someone IP trace this guy and tell me who it is? I swear it's gotta be Marweas just playing with us.

[-mIze-]
04-17-2003, 10:09
Will someone IP trace this guy and tell me who it is? I swear it's gotta be Marweas just playing with us.

I know.. Rage got bashed to hell in that DM vs. CTF thread he made and didn't even show a hint of anger, and who types shazbot..

Beren
04-19-2003, 03:57
']I haven't. My local cable co. is still struggling to upgrade the area. But you've got be kidding me rage, what kind of question is that? I played T2 at work for about 5 hours with like, an 80 ping, and I when I got home my aim was off for a week. The difference is huge. Especially for a game like Tribes/T2, where leading is required for most of the weps. But a lot of the newer games just won't play on dialup. So if you ever plan on trying anything after T2, get the cable. You're lucky you have it available.

Sadly, this is my life.

cyclonite
04-20-2003, 02:19
Australia si teh gheyness++ for broadband.
We have the worts coverage in the world I suspect. More people in Afghanistan can get decent internet connections than Australia me thinks.
But what I have experienced of cable, it rocks :D :D
You feel like you are living 10 minutes in the past when you go back to dialup.

SFK
04-21-2003, 00:17