[T3] Pack Idea [Energy - Health conversion]

kesh

Contributor
Veteran XX
Would it be a possible pack, that basically converts energy at a rapid rate into health?

Many of times i'd rather sacrifice energy for health just to get that one Disc jump, because my health fell a little short of a disc jump, does this pack sound helpful to anyone else? or does it sound like a MOD idea :eek:

Da_Timsta said:
hehe something the other way around sounds interesting actually =)

Not really, energy refresh is so fast even on a non-E-packed armor that it would just be a useless feature...not like my sword in the slightest.

How about the other way around? A pack that converts health to energy? Active like the shield pack but not mouse-driven like the repair pack.

That might be cool.

I don't think that's worthy of a pack Nat, but it does share the same idea as a discjump.

Perhapes if you were going to have an after burner effect in the game for quick dodges then that could sap your health. Not too much, but the price of after burning should outweigh that of getting hit dead on with a disc (and could save your life from mortar shots).

holy shit.

I am sincerly, a dumbass. I posted this in a legends convo before, and I had asked what natural had asked, but i fucked it up tottally here, seriously ;[.

Natural said:
How about the other way around? A pack that converts health to energy? Active like the shield pack but not mouse-driven like the repair pack.

That might be cool.

See my previous post regarding such a concept.

When you've got the flag with a band of relentless chaingunners nipping at your heels and eagle-eyed LD hurling laser bolts mere digital inches from your digital head, the last thing you want to exchange for ANYTHING is health. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Ben Reed said:
See my previous post regarding such a concept.

When you've got the flag with a band of relentless chaingunners nipping at your heels and eagle-eyed LD hurling laser bolts mere digital inches from your digital head, the last thing you want to exchange for ANYTHING is health. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Speaking from experience, you're almost always better off sacrificing health for speed (usually in the form of a disk jump). If I have the flag in a game now, and am not moving excessively faster than my chasers, I'll almost ALWAYS DJ--even if it leaves me with a sliver of health. The trick, of course, is to avoid a crater afterwards =)

Hmm.. maybe not health for energy, but health for speed?

e.g. In mods there are like booster beacons rite? well u could take like 1/3 of the life for each boost, and you only get one booster per life.. like health kits

I like that idea- it makes sense.

The health trade-off is a good way to balance it out too- get hit by a mortar or boost out of the way? You could make it so that using it would cost you roughly what a health kit recovered?

Maybe your all current energy is drained thus having to recharge during the boost, and you could take a hit depending on how much energy you had when activating the boost?

Plenty of ways of making it work.

eierye said:
Hmm.. maybe not health for energy, but health for speed?

e.g. In mods there are like booster beacons rite? well u could take like 1/3 of the life for each boost, and you only get one booster per life.. like health kits

Too easy... overused

Perhaps not if it kills you? :)

We're not talking about boosters that go on for several minutes or carry you miles across the terrain (at least I'm not)..

I'd want something like a quick "push" or a quick second boost of energy to get you in or out of tight situations.. be it out of a way of an incoming mortar, enough to make that ledge, or surprise the enemy.

I mean- if you got a sliver of health it'd kill you.. but if you've got a little more.. it'd be like that extra edge you needed to get gain the upper hand.

I suppose you could boost and then go get some health.. but that'd kinda defeat the purpose.. because you'd have to stop to get the health back...

How or why do you think it'd be overused?

Last edited:
Or just delay your fireing so you can still get that disk jump distance while not looseing all your life... thats a common thing though..you should practice it.

Back