My Vision of T3!

Pages : [1] 2 3

blah
04-14-2003, 16:38
I believe we all have a common idea of what we want in Tribes 3, regardless of our backgrounds and personal opinions. It is rather clear when exploring the likes and dislikes of the previous versions, what should be included, removed, and added. Therefore, I believe it is clear the following must occur in order for Tribes 3 to be a tremendous success.

1. Sierra needs to hire Dave Georgeson onto the Tribes 3 development team once he is done with Planetside. His genius was evident in his transformation of Tribes 1 to Tribes 2 and is again being demonstrated in the magnificense that is Planetside. Many of the elements which he brilliantly added to Tribes 2 should...or rather must be a part of Tribes 3. I fear that without having Dave to turn to for leadership and direction, the Sierra team will fail without a doubt.

2. Vehicles should become an even more integral part of Tribes 3. They were a hit in Tribes 2, but even so, could have used more emphasis in the development stages of the game and should have become a more integral part of the game. In Tribes 3, vehicles should require atleast 3 people to drive them and also be the only means of travel from base to base. Allowing players to travel by themselves is just wrong. Tribes 3 is about teamplay and we need to enforce it to make sure everyone has fun.

3. Jetpacks should be completely removed from the game. I myself never used them in game and found using vehicles to be much more superior. They promote individualism by allowing players to just fly off wherever they want doing their own thing. If they like to fly so much, just make them be a driver of a vehicle so they can transport me around the map for strategic attacks. Once they got used to it, they would enjoy it more than jetpacks anyway. Besides, jetpacks are completely unrealistic and tend to remove the immersion factor which is so important.

4. On that same note, Bioderms should DEFINITELY be included in the Tribes 3. In fact, I believe they should add about 4 more alien races to choose from. Not only are they vital to the story and plot of the Starsiege universe, but they are just plain more fun to use then plain ol' stupid humans. All in all there should be 6 to 7 races to choose from, humans being the worst choice since their stats should be sucky.

5. Speaking of stats, all races should have stats which you can pick and choose to make your character better in some areas and less better in others. Humans would of course have horrible stats since alien races are superior, but maybe humans can pilot vehicles better or something. I'll leave that to Thrax. There should be a greater selection of armor and weapons as well which give bonuses to stats to further specialize units and increase the teamplay aspect of the game. For example, if you have high charisma you can drive a plane really fast around the map.

6. All game servers should be linked and made persistent so that you can gain experience and level up your bioderms (no one is going to use humans anyway). As you gain levels you can increase your stats even more and buy new colors for your clothing.

8. Melee weapons should be included into the game which you can use to one-shot opponents if you get close enough. This would encourage people to be around others and increase the teamplay aspect of the game. Sniping and long range attack weapons should be pretty much eliminated since that allows people to go off on their own and be alone. Instead perhaps you should put in chanting or castable attacks like fireballs or whatever. This would be much better for teamplay.

9. Integration will be a key feature of the success of Tribes 3. In order for Tribes 3 to be a success, it must integrate programs as a key feature. These progams should be chatting, web browsing, email, forum posting, guild making, player auctioning, html development and MS word. That way people can make their own webpages and send word formated emails for more better formating in them. Ideally, the player should never have to leave the Tribes 3 shell. Forcing Tribes 3 to start when your computer boots would be good as well so it would be easier to begin playing.

That's all I can really think of for now. I would love to hear some feedback from everyone on what they like about what I said. If sierrra uses my ideas I would like to recieve credit as well since I created them.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Ben Reed
04-14-2003, 16:53
Okay, I admit it, that was pretty funny...although you'll have to die a terrible death for knocking the Ben Reed Sword O' Killin'.

mag
04-14-2003, 17:03
Those ideas, suck. No offense.

AND

That's all I can really think of for now. I would love to hear some feedback from everyone on what they like about what I said. If sierrra uses my ideas I would like to recieve credit as well since I created them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fidelio
04-14-2003, 17:13
mag, ever heard of sarcasm?

blah, i was entertained.

Ixiterra
04-14-2003, 17:42
Ok I read up to the Dave G. part. Let's be ****ing serious in at least one forum please? fo sho

JerryGarcia
04-14-2003, 18:07
i liked #9 i can see it now the tribes_OS we can challenge windows...............

Sir Lucius
04-14-2003, 18:13
I like the color buying system. In my opinion colors make or break a game. Quake1 failed b/c the colors were just AWEFUL. Lots of browns, not enough blues. There was a bit of orange too and that just totally clashed.

Quake2 had the same problem, browns and oranges a green? Plllllllluuueasse!

Quake 3 was just too dark. It had all these fabulous red colors and it just didn't bring them out. I was very disapointed in this game.

Tribes 3 needs to learn a lesson from this. I'd like to see some lavanders and periwinkles just to soften up the play a bit. I realize it's a war game so we'll throw some mauve in there for the shadows. I think the game would look fabulous with this type of makeover and you'd really be making a statement. You shouldn't be afraid to use pastels in a video game you know.

Locke355
04-14-2003, 18:23
0/10

PyroTeknik
04-14-2003, 18:50
No.

He gets +1 for fooling at least one person.
But he also gets -0.5 because that person was an idiot.

0.5/10

Marweas
04-14-2003, 22:26
mm...must... not... post....

must... not... post....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

nice one :bigthumb:

FSB-SPY
04-14-2003, 22:38
Jon you *******. :shock:

Colosus
04-14-2003, 23:27
Only 6 months between posts.

blah
04-14-2003, 23:27

Why is it that when anyone see's a WA name, they immediately think it's Jon. **** JON. HE'S GAY!

And for the record....

Boston, MA = Jon
Bethlehem, PA = Jay

I forgive you though Niki :)

blah
04-14-2003, 23:28
Only 6 months between posts.

Has it been that long? Seems like only yesterday ...

Locke355
04-14-2003, 23:41

:rofl:

funniest post all thread. I knew it would piss him off.

blah
04-14-2003, 23:55
Hmm...how bout we include Gator software with Tribes 3? I love Gator.

FSB-SPY
04-15-2003, 00:12
:P

Was kiddin' around, Jon.

Jay.. I meant Jay!! :scared:

Locke355
04-15-2003, 00:52
just call him gay

[MG]Naccah
04-15-2003, 02:28
blah

Thrax Panda