[T3] Resource Management

Got Haggis?
04-11-2003, 18:07
In t1 there was the option that you could have a limited about of resources to buy various weapons/packs/etc. Not many servers seemed to use it, but I always thought it might be interesting to bring this concept back.

Was it flawed in t1? I only remember playing on servers that had that enabled when I first bought the game years ago.

BigPappa
04-11-2003, 18:11
Almost all the servers seemed to of had that enable in the begining, then as time went on all the server admins disabled it.

I think its a great idea for compatition play , but not a great idea for pubs. When ever I joined a server in those early T1 days , the team I joined never seem to have any points on the invo.station .

I think all remote invo.stations had this enabled. That seems like a good thing.

Locke355
04-11-2003, 18:49
We must harvest the spice. Those who control the spice, control the galaxy.

Anyways.. pubs it is an awful idea for, because people like thrax would stand there spamming remote invens till all points are gone, and then change teams. For competitive play, I think it would be interesting to see how the idea plays out on paper, but I think it would be rather hard to balance and keep it as a minor role. I dont think any team wants to lose a match cause they were out of Disney Dollars and the vending machine wouldn't give them a heavy outfit.

If you made a C&H gametype, or something where you must control multiple points, with the resource idea in mind, i think it could be useful. Aquiring more objectives increases your rate of regeneration. However, I think in the end it will make it pretty hard for a team in second to catchup if they are out of gear and the other team is brandishing top notch ****.

slacker
04-11-2003, 19:12
We must harvest the spice. Those who control the spice, control the galaxy.

Anyways.. pubs it is an awful idea for, because people like thrax would stand there spamming remote invens till all points are gone, and then change teams. For competitive play, I think it would be interesting to see how the idea plays out on paper, but I think it would be rather hard to balance and keep it as a minor role. I dont think any team wants to lose a match cause they were out of Disney Dollars and the vending machine wouldn't give them a heavy outfit.

If you made a C&H gametype, or something where you must control multiple points, with the resource idea in mind, i think it could be useful. Aquiring more objectives increases your rate of regeneration. However, I think in the end it will make it pretty hard for a team in second to catchup if they are out of gear and the other team is brandishing top notch ****.
agreed

Darius75
04-11-2003, 23:04
Tribes needs desert power, Locke.

addps4cat
04-12-2003, 22:18

Make it so it is the opposite. The team that is in first has a diminishing rate of regeneration and after a while has to defend with whatever they have or in spawn. Maybe like after five minutes, they have no more resource points. The other team on the other hand gets an increasing rate of point regeneration so they can always go fully loaded. It would also make people conserve their load out, like not always carry full ammo for every gun or not carry grens or mines.

slacker
04-12-2003, 22:25
Make it so it is the opposite. The team that is in first has a diminishing rate of regeneration and after a while has to defend with whatever they have or in spawn. Maybe like after five minutes, they have no more resource points. The other team on the other hand gets an increasing rate of point regeneration so they can always go fully loaded. It would also make people conserve their load out, like not always carry full ammo for every gun or not carry grens or mines.
everyone say hellos to 5 overtime maps!

no thanks. keep it unlimited, worked great in t1

PyroTeknik
04-12-2003, 22:28
I kinda liked that feature.

It'd be nice to have it back at least for deployable invos (T1 had this on by default I think).

I don't think it would work too well for regular invos though.
Unless you make a special gametype for it, kind of like the tickets in bf1942.

Locke355
04-13-2003, 04:50

I think if you are keeping this in the C&H realm as I noted, this would be a neat idea. You would need to put a cap on the lowend side however. It would suck to be leading for so long, and then lose control and the other team is so far ahead in points that you can't come back from the money pit. Interesting idea. Nice work.