Death Match or CTF which is more enjoyable to you

Pages : [1] 2

rage_sniper
04-09-2003, 14:05
My feeling is CTF rocks.

Locke355
04-09-2003, 14:20
Umm.. take one guess. Why the hell do you post this on a tribes forum?

Ceiling_Fan
04-09-2003, 14:47
:lol:

This is a pretty dumb question.

Rabid Poop
04-09-2003, 14:51
My feeling is CTF rocks.

prepare to be flooded with instant popularity?

rage_sniper
04-09-2003, 14:52
Umm.. take one guess. Why the hell do you post this on a tribes forum?

Well maybe if you played the game you would know there are many options of gameplay and also it was a question, no more, no less.

rage_sniper
04-09-2003, 14:54
:lol:

This is a pretty dumb question.

no... as a told the other hateful poster. it was only a question, no more, no less.

jsut
04-09-2003, 15:00
The "hateful posters" are pointing out that no one (or the vast minority) that reads this board would say DM, and that thus, the question was kind of pointless. Anyone that has been reading TW for very long would know that this is the case.

DM can be fun if you are just screwing around, but that's about it.

inkja
04-09-2003, 15:01
well saying to an ex IE player 'if you played the game' isnt exactly a well thought out post.

To answer your question: Noone plays Deathmatch. Tribes 1/2 are team games so only team game modes are played (by sane people.)

Got Haggis?
04-09-2003, 15:54
:rofl:

oh man.

[-mIze-]
04-09-2003, 16:01
:banging:

Azra3l
04-09-2003, 16:04
rage sniper is so obviously a smurf

addps4cat
04-09-2003, 16:33
don't give him too much credit, he is probably just a moron

JerryGarcia
04-09-2003, 17:19
i vote C&H

rage_sniper
04-09-2003, 17:34
Most of you people are elitists. The only reason I posted this question is because I have seen a rise in deathmatch servers. I was curious if the Tribes community was changing. Obviously this is not the place to find out due to the people who feel they are important because they have been a member of this sight for a long amount of time. You same people attempt to intimidate and belittle anyone new in the forum thus new people leave once they are met with all of your negativity. You also state the Tribes is a team game and you are absolutely correct, but I could not imagine any of you being team players. In closing ....I AM HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceiling_Fan
04-09-2003, 17:58
Oh no! He's on to us!

Oh..wait..no he's not. He's just dumb ;)

Sir Lucius
04-09-2003, 18:00
I think you would have gotten better responses had you phrased your question, "Duel or CTF, which is more enjoyable to you?"

To a triber, a Duel is a game oh honor where both sides are equailly matched in weapons. Due to the outdoor nature of tribes games, it's just not as much fun to go around and pick up weapons and powerups. After all, you start with the disc launcher which is pretty much your bread and butter weapon. It's not much fun to have to respawn and go look for an epack.

If if we did spawn in full gear, it's just not an equal playing field, and comming out on top doesn't prove much. Tribes is really based on a team game, and as tribers we prefer 1 on 1 or team on team. Everyman for himself just seems too chaotic -- we're used to trusting out team has our back.

So I think maybe next time just examine the question and try to put it in context of your audience. You can probably avoid the wrath of the tribal nerds this way :)

Golgac
04-09-2003, 18:11
I don't know about you guys but dm makes my testicles tingle.

PyroTeknik
04-09-2003, 18:21
**** CTF.
Real men play D&D.

Rabid Poop
04-09-2003, 18:26
Most of you people are elitists. The only reason I posted this question is because I have seen a rise in deathmatch servers. I was curious if the Tribes community was changing. Obviously this is not the place to find out due to the people who feel they are important because they have been a member of this sight for a long amount of time. You same people attempt to intimidate and belittle anyone new in the forum thus new people leave once they are met with all of your negativity. You also state the Tribes is a team game and you are absolutely correct, but I could not imagine any of you being team players. In closing ....I AM HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOM

Locke355
04-09-2003, 20:38

I dont feel "important" because I have been on here so long. Hell, i dont feel important period. What I do feel/think is that you are a dumbass, and probably picked up tribes 3 days before posting this topic. If you had been around any longer, you would realize that since tribes 1 was released (and tribes 2), the vast majority of the servers have run CTF, and next to none have run DM unless by some fluke they got reset into some wacked mode and no admin was paying attention. Hell I can't even remember the last time I saw any credible server running deathmatch. I think it was 1998, or t2 beta when nothing else worked.

You want to stay? Fine, no one gives a rats ass. Maybe you will learn something.

****in newbies.