Masters Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rage_sniper

Has anyone tried this mod if not you should. Masters is a very interesting and balanced mod.

Sorry for the lack of details, but there is too much to type here. It is something better tried than explained.

Having never seen it, and like Lucy, not actually knowing what game it's for, I give it 6.5 thumbs partially up!

Masters is just another goofy ass spin off of Base. Little huds that pop up with weapons and what not, it instantly spawns vehicles and changes loadouts at inv stations instead of waiting, mostly just small little mods that the designer claims make the mod "fast-paced". I'd give it a 4.

[-mIze-] said:
Masters is just another goofy ass spin off of Base. Little huds that pop up with weapons and what not, it instantly spawns vehicles and changes loadouts at inv stations instead of waiting, mostly just small little mods that the designer claims make the mod "fast-paced". I'd give it a 4.

It is for tribes 2. evidently you have never played this mod or haqve it confused with another.

Natural said:
I believe the combonation of this thread's title and poster should nullify its existance.

Im hurt, you speak very cruel for not knowing me or the mod.

You're an idiot... I was referring to a change like base++ from base(which was good though). If you want to compare masters to v2 I guess you can, but the speed is more similar to t2 classic. And I have played a few rounds... but the changes are minimal, I think the shrike and grav cycles are faster also, but nothing to get addicted to.

[-mIze-] said:
You're an idiot... I was referring to a change like base++ from base(which was good though). If you want to compare masters to v2 I guess you can, but the speed is more similar to t2 classic. And I have played a few rounds... but the changes are minimal, I think the shrike and grav cycles are faster also, but nothing to get addicted to.

you remind me of one of the oldtimers who can not let go of T1.

rage_sniper said:
you remind me of one of the oldtimers who can not let go of T1.

You remind me of those idiots who have 'sniper' in their names, but they aren't SuperSniperX. SuperSniperX is the only person allowed to have 'sniper' in his name and not be a retard. Them's the breaks, pally.

Ceiling_Fan said:
You remind me of those idiots who have 'sniper' in their names, but they aren't SuperSniperX. SuperSniperX is the only person allowed to have 'sniper' in his name and not be a retard. Them's the breaks, pally.

I have had this name for about four years I think I will keep it....
ceiling_fan-come on you need a name

rage_sniper said:
Im hurt, you speak very cruel for not knowing me or the mod.

After reading a reply I do recognize the masters mod from Q2. However, I think that in tribes the difference between the mod and (theoretically) a well-developed standard gametype would be minimal.

I am a firm believer in maintaining mod cohesiveness. Part of the reason Half life is so popular is that there aren't a million different CS-mods. It's one mod that people can generally expect to find in most places. Tribes 1 suffered from extraneous mods and I believe a lot of first time users were discouraged by the inability to tell the differences by looking at the server lists, as well as the wide variety of MINOR gameplay differences.

If that doesn't make sense, blame the fact that I was asleep 20 mins ago.

Natural said:
After reading a reply I do recognize the masters mod from Q2. However, I think that in tribes the difference between the mod and (theoretically) a well-developed standard gametype would be minimal.

I am a firm believer in maintaining mod cohesiveness. Part of the reason Half life is so popular is that there aren't a million different CS-mods. It's one mod that people can generally expect to find in most places. Tribes 1 suffered from extraneous mods and I believe a lot of first time users were discouraged by the inability to tell the differences by looking at the server lists, as well as the wide variety of MINOR gameplay differences.

If that doesn't make sense, blame the fact that I was asleep 20 mins ago.
this makes alot of sence. I remeber when I first played T1, it seemed there were different mods popping up all the time. I could see how it would scare new players away, but I still feel masters a great mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back