[T3] Where is my ****in sword?

Pages : [1] 2

Locke355
04-07-2003, 03:52
Long ago, before I pirated T1, I saw a picture of a DS unit with a big ass ****in sword in the manual of the guy who i stole the cd from. Now, I ask you, where is my ****in sword?

Mitsubishi
04-07-2003, 05:34
T3 better have one

Sir Lucius
04-07-2003, 06:05
that's how ctf works.

Rather than flags they have ceramonial weapons of the tribes. When you grab, you get to use that weapon, and they have powers that rival that of God. When 2 weapons are brought to gether the holy grand they are on in their uniting become the God's Land, and the powers of God are thus given to those people. Sometimes God's power doesn't fill up until the process is done 4-8 times. It usually depends on how far apart the weapons are.

Beren
04-07-2003, 09:45
here is your sword mate.

http://www.tribes-2.de/potw/Diamond%20Sword.jpg

snow
04-07-2003, 10:04
i know, in duel mod, have it so that for DS etc the player pulls out a huge sword and decapitats the player once they win, have BE get like a massive eagle come down and tear the player to shreds, have the phoenix (children of the phoenix) burn the player, and star wolf come and drag the player away. fatalities in T3. :rofl:

Ambush_Bug[DTM]
04-07-2003, 10:06
Hey, remember back before T2 came out and Hellsfury came up with that sword-and-energy-shield idea? That was pretty cool sounding.

Personally, I'd rather have a fluxtorch. Big, flashy, and highly dangerous (to yourself) if used improperly. Think lightsabre, but without that nifty containment field. :D

Of course, there's always the HPB/LPB issue, but then again, the shocklance turned out pretty well.

NoGodForMe
04-07-2003, 10:38
Chaos (Q2 Mod) used to have a sword. Good mele weapon when ammo ran out on good weapons.

PyroTeknik
04-07-2003, 10:48
Back in the day, when T2 was just announced, someone on T2players.com came up with the idea of having a melee weapon for each Tribe. Basically, it would make indoor combat/dueling more interesting since they'd do tremendous damage but require the use to be extremely close (no, not shocklance close. Actually close. You know. Close.) - no one-hit kills but lots of damage still. Of course, then we started tripping and started thinking about how neat it'd be to have a different types of attack and blocks and we turned tribes into a sword fighting simulator.

Whatever :(

Maybe have something like that old HL mod Wastelands (or something) that allowed you to have a gun in one hand and a sword on the other.
It'd be like BEW BEW BEW pachink pachink BEW BEW pachink.

Locke355
04-07-2003, 13:40
here is your sword mate.

http://www.tribes-2.de/potw/Diamond%20Sword.jpg

There we go. Good find. How badass does that guy look? Double barreled gun in 1 hand, giant circumciser in the other. I WANT!!!

I think the circumciser would be an excellent edition, but it wouldn't work on people like Thrax or Natural for obvious reasons.

Thrax Panda
04-07-2003, 13:51
Now, I ask you, where is my ****in sword?
, she said to Locke355. "This pen knife just won't do."

Flatscan
04-07-2003, 14:20
, she said to Locke355. "This pen knife just won't do."
:rofl:

RedSpider
04-07-2003, 15:18
I'd rather have a shocklance than a sword.

Ceiling_Fan
04-07-2003, 15:49
have BE get like a massive eagle come down and tear the player to shreds, :

Except the Blood Eagle aren't really named for an Eagle, unless the backstory is even dumber than I thought. A 'Blood Eagle' is a method of executing someone where you seperate their ribs in the front and pull them until they stick out of their back like bloody wings.

addps4cat
04-07-2003, 19:21
Blood Eagle involved the execution of a prisoner of war (usually) by tying him to a stake, his back turned outwards. With a knife, they would cut two slits into victim's back and draw out or expose the lungs to the outside are. As he died, his lungs were said to have fluttered in the wind like the wings of an eagle - thus, the Blood Eagle.

from http://www.caithness.org/links/gunnconnections/gunnhistory.htm

I'm not sure which is worse

Stig
04-07-2003, 19:38
put a sword in T3 and I will not play in protest

by god, that alone should be enough reason to leave the gayness out

Xagothae.1
04-07-2003, 22:43
from http://www.caithness.org/links/gunnconnections/gunnhistory.htm

I'm not sure which is worse

Alright, I'm hungry now.

Beren
04-07-2003, 22:58
Back in the day, when T2 was just announced, someone on T2players.com came up with the idea of having a melee weapon for each Tribe. Basically, it would make indoor combat/dueling more interesting since they'd do tremendous damage but require the use to be extremely close (no, not shocklance close. Actually close. You know. Close.) - no one-hit kills but lots of damage still. Of course, then we started tripping and started thinking about how neat it'd be to have a different types of attack and blocks and we turned tribes into a sword fighting simulator.

Whatever :(

Maybe have something like that old HL mod Wastelands (or something) that allowed you to have a gun in one hand and a sword on the other.
It'd be like BEW BEW BEW pachink pachink BEW BEW pachink.

this rings a bell.. i think i remember this discussion. it sounds cool, and would be for when your messing around with mates.. but wouldn't have a real effecive use ingame.. and only make things -to some point- more complicated.

Ben Reed
04-08-2003, 16:41
I think a sword or some form of blade would make for a better melee weapon than the shocklance, and I think it could make for an interesting gameplay mechanic.

Here's what I always envisioned for a balanced Tribes bladed weapon:

- Does fearsome damage...maybe a one-hit kill on lights, two-hit kill on mediums, three-hit kill on heavies. Not much good against vehicles, though. Could be used in interesting ways on cap routes, flying through to carve LD to pieces
- Range is pretty short, maybe a little shorter than shocklance range, to compensate for attack power.
- Repulsed by shield pack
- No energy drain, shorter range will compensate for this bonus
- Has no bonuses against guns, making it a primary weapon for skilled players only, much like the shocklance in T2...good gunners can carve a blader into shreds easily, but if the blader is good enough to close in, it's time for the gunner to die.
- No complex sword-fighting mechanics a la Jedi Knight 2's lightsaber; straightforward hack-em-up melee weapon a la Half-Life's crowbar

Or maybe we could have it as a built-in weapon as part of the armor, a built-in last-ditch melee weapon, with the blade having different attack properties for each armor class. For example:

- Light blade comes out fast and slashes rapidly, but does light damage
- Medium blade comes out a little slower and slashes less rapidly, but has a bit more attack power
- Heavy blade swings slow and slashes slow, but does enough damage with one swing to kill a light in one hit

The blade would be a uniform length for each armor class(maybe two and three-quarters feet). Maybe they could make it arm-mounted as part of the armor gauntlet?

Maybe the blade could be used in conjunction with the kick attack I suggested in another thread...

Beren
04-08-2003, 17:19
i am just not sure if the needed complexity to add such a weapon is balanced by the actual need for that kind of item. KISS is a great acronym and moto to live by.

Fidelio
04-08-2003, 17:34
imagine how fun body blocks (on both sides) could be if you had a sword.