[T3 Discuss] Should CG Bullets be like T1?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rosco-SS
04-06-2003, 21:20
Less rubber, more lead?

Less random, tighter cone of fire?

etc... discuss

Sir Lucius
04-06-2003, 21:24
I'll bet they don't even have a chain gun, but some basterdized varient with a slick chrome finish.

Sanchez
04-06-2003, 21:39
Sorry Waffle,

Sorry, couldn't resist. I understand that it can be hard, but please throw away any pre-conceptions about the game. It's really not going to be T1, or T2 with better graphics. If you're positive that a particular weapon or pack is going to be in the game, get over that too, because I'm not guaranteeing anything except the disk launcher, jet packs, and some flags (though I'm not saying what the flags are for).

you need to think outside of the box (which means you're way ahead of those who are thinking inside of a small can that's inside of the box, or those who think the top of the can sucks and won't go there). This absolutely will not look like a T1 or T2 mod.

New team, new game, new things to learn.

mebbe there wont be any chainguns?

Rosco-SS
04-06-2003, 22:33
The chaingun is probably one of the main reasons why T1 is still popular today, Thrax Panda seems to have made all the right moves so far in making the T3 seem great, but leaving out staple weapons like the chaingun, is like leaving out skiing and jet-packing.

Sir Lucius
04-06-2003, 22:47
MAYbe it's not called the chain GUN?! MAYbe it's called the BRAUM BLAZZER!? No one knows :shrug:

Sanchez
04-06-2003, 22:55
im just saying, its been said that t3 wont be like t1 or t2, so assuming something is or isnt going to be in the game may not be a good idea. :shrug: im anxious to see what they throw at us

OriGiNaL
04-10-2003, 14:43
The chaingun is way to overpowered in T1. It's an unbalanced weapon. T3 should either leave the cg like it is in T2, or make it a mix of the T1 and T2 cg.

Rilke
04-10-2003, 15:01
I enjoy an effective chaingun, so long as it occurs in the context of weapon balance.

FSB-SPY
04-10-2003, 16:00
For chaingun, they should cut the ammo from 100 to 50 (if they leave it the way it is in Tribes, not Tribes 2).

But now that I read that quote... sounds like a new game altogether. Maybe that's why it won't be called Tribes 3.

Having a disc launcher, jet packs, and flags doesn't mean it will be the Tribes we know and love. :P

Ixiterra
04-10-2003, 16:04
Having a disc launcher, jet packs, and flags doesn't mean it will be the Tribes we know and love. :P

As long it has discs, jets, and flags, I will know it and love it. ;) Well, maybe not, but it has 3 good things going for it so far.

FSB-SPY
04-10-2003, 16:18
I'm thinking they want to make it more appealing to the same crowd that plays Quake 3. The very same crowd that brings in massive amounts of money in publicity and gaming tournaments. But can that same public accept a game where your KPM (kills per minute) are less than five? :P

Stig
04-10-2003, 16:47
don't **** with the cg damnit

I loved that thing

Da_Timsta
04-10-2003, 16:51
Personally i hate weapons with a random factor, so i would like to see an alternative to the chaingun. Maybe a weapon with physics similar to the q3 plasma gun =)

Flatscan
04-10-2003, 16:52
The last thing T3 needs is a weapon that is hugely ping driven. I know there is skill associated with the cg, but ping makes a massive difference.

I would leave the settings closer to a T2-style cg than a T1-style cg.

FSB-SPY
04-10-2003, 17:08
If this had been '99, I would have agreed with you maybe. But games tend to be broadband-driven nowadays. Not saying the netcode has to suck though... Tribes' netcode was a work of art.

Ixiterra
04-10-2003, 17:19
But can that same public accept a game where your KPM (kills per minute) are less than five? :P

Your KPM is less than 5? :lol:

Buk Naked
04-10-2003, 17:20
You need a chain or something like it where an average player can do damage to a guy in the air. Unreasonable to expect beginners to hit MA's. Chain - yes - the rest is just balancing, tweaking.

FSB-SPY
04-10-2003, 17:32
Your KPM is less than 5? :lol:

According to 'the definitive source of skills' -- yes. :P

Bogolyubov -- http://www.theclq.com/asp/find.asp?pid=68893101 -- Mrt 9 2003 || Mrt 15 2003

But since I always play light, I guess that was pretty good. I didn't mind topping the HO spammers that got 80 points each time Snowblind came up. :P

Guess I should revise the number from five to 20? Don't know what the average KPM is with top Quakers in TDM.

Ben Reed
04-11-2003, 14:30
Assuming the CG makes it into T3 (it'd better, I still suck at nailing MAs), I think the T2 CG will do just fine...good ammo count and balanced spread, not quite the LPB monster that the T1 CG was.

XY...
04-11-2003, 21:01
If there's a cg in T3, it should be much closer to the T1 cg (in terms of precision) so that long range chain chasing is still possible (albeit difficult, particularly at odd angles). A 'random' spread should be avoided/minimized (whenever possible) when designing weapons for Tribes 3. The T2 cg is inferior to the T1 cg because the large spread of the T2 cg makes it too easy to hit people at short/medium distances, and virtually impossible to hit people at longer ranges. This yields poor gameplay (imo), and I think it'd be a whole lot better if long range chain chasing was encouraged (as it is challenging), while short/med chain whoring was discouraged. This could be accomplished by calculating the damage dealt by cg bullets in terms of their 'travel-time' (so that the cg would do significantly less damage at shorter ranges, while it would inflict significantly more damage at greater ranges). I also suggest slowing the initial velocity of the cg bullets (so that more leading is required at shorter ranges), while increasing their acceleration (so that it is still effective at longer ranges). Furthermore, I really like the idea of decreasing ammo capacity in order to promote diversity and conservation.