[T3] New Weapon Idea

Channel 03
04-04-2003, 20:49
I've had this on my mind for a long time now and wondered what other people thought about this. In short description it's a weapon/tool that you can use to either out-maneuver defensive chasers, or the defense can use to bring down a capper.

In long description:

This weapon would primarily be used in the air it would shoot out something simialar to a lasso like what a cowboy would use to take down a horse. This weapon would go about as fast as a disc in T1 goes, but would be slightly wider than a disc so it is a tad bit easier to hit them mid-air. Once this 'rope' attaches itself to the capper, the chaser is now 'hooked' on to the capper. This would slightly weigh the capper down but not so much that it pulls him to the ground immediately, but gradually. The person who fired this weapon can't use another weapon while he is holding on to the player. This weapon would also be useful to the capper as he could use it to latch onto obstacles that are placed mid-air allowing him to make sharp 90 degree turns, latch onto vehicles like air-skiing (water skiing but in the air).

This is the basic idea of the new weapon/tool, so tell me what you think. Like it? Hate it? How would you make it better? Should it just be used as a way to turn corners quickly and not to "lasso" a player?

.aerobahn

Special
04-04-2003, 20:50
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2 03825

:)

HiDensity
04-04-2003, 22:37
hmmm...never thought i'd see the day where a lurker like myself would begin posting.

your idea sounds just like a grappling hook...which is already being discussed in great detail.

anyone ever seen Minority Report? remember the gun that Tom Cruise used to knock people around?

personally, i think an energy pulse type gun that just knocks people around would be a great addition in place of the shocklace. this way, ld could knock heavies off their routes without the unfair one-hit-kill. the weapon would also be useful in hitting those pesky gliders/glider packs that are being discussed.

just a thought...