My one and only T3 request

Buk Naked
04-04-2003, 17:25
and it's a simple one. Always have repair packs available at gens and inventories (assuming T3 has them). There is nothing more frustrating than having your base get owned, actually want to help your team and repair, and not be able to, only to get further owned when the next HO rolls in and kicks your naked ass.

Suggestions:
1. Even with power down - touch a gen and it gives you a repair pack.

2. Have a gen / station drop 4 or 5 packs when it goes down.

I do not think this would imbalance gameplay. I actually think it would help balance, as teams could come back from **** quicker and make a better and more interesting game of it.

Ok - I do have one more request - the grappling hook from Special's thread would just flat out rock - so throw that in too.

Sir Lucius
04-04-2003, 17:33
they sohuld really just put the gens in a locked room somewhere so this doesn't keep happening all the time.

Locke355
04-04-2003, 18:00
Making it so anyone can get their base back up within 20 seconds of **** kinda takes the whole point of raping a base out of the equation (for most maps).

Why dont you just request the LT mod be the standard fair in t3, so death is pretty much inconsequential too?

Buk Naked
04-04-2003, 18:28
It's basically how Snowblind plays. Pack is typically available - I don't see a problem with it. A good HO can still often hold the inv stations for a while. There's your consequence.

Determined **** ruins Stonehenge (reason for StonehengePUB) and Rollercoaster, Raindance is marginal for this. If teams are somewhat uneven in a pub, this accentuates it to the point of total domination by one team.

You can now give me the blah, blah pubs suck, but I don't have time to be dedicated clanner (wife, kids, job, MBA school, forum whore, etc...) so I enjoy the hell out of a good, fun, pub match when I can find one. I think this would help that.

Special
04-04-2003, 18:41
The scenario you're describing (with bases being owned) stems from maps that were not created to handle skiing heavies and whatnot. What i'm referring to (and maybe yourself) are maps like Raindance where heavies can ski right up to the entrance.

This is not so easily solvable, but it isn't impossible. It's just the matter of balancing out armor types and creating maps that make it difficult - not impossible - to get into the base.

Your solution is simply a solution to a current problem, not for a future problem. T3 hasn't even been 'made' yet so who knows what problems will occur? Yes, in theory it *would* work for T1, but that's not the issue. We need to look ahead to the future instead of lingering on things in the past.

Buk Naked
04-04-2003, 19:35
Good points. Map design could probably solve most of the issues. Still, my main point for Tribes the Next would be that if someone wants to help his team by repairing that he is able to do it quickly, and get back to playing and having fun. To have repair packs be relatively inaccessible leads to uneven games.

Special
04-04-2003, 19:41
Good points. Map design could probably solve most of the issues. Still, my main point for Tribes the Next would be that if someone wants to help his team by repairing that he is able to do it quickly, and get back to playing and having fun. To have repair packs be relatively inaccessible leads to uneven games.

Yes, most definitely. I sometimes deploy/farm for my pub teams and I've had competition experience doing so as well. It's quite a frenzied position, if you're not moving ALL the time your team is either really really good, or you're just playing the position like it's supposed to be played. Repairing isn't fun at all, especially when you're under attack by multiple pissed off heavies.