[T3] Turtling and HOF

Pages : [1] 2 3

NoGodForMe
04-02-2003, 13:53
After 10 minutes, return both flags to their stand. Have a 10 second countdown so both sides know it's about to happen.

Don't allow an HOF to stand directly on the flag ring.

mojotooth
04-02-2003, 13:58
Won't work because cappers will be inbound to snag the flag as it is returning. You need to randomize the return time somewhat so that neither team is able to anticipate when it happens. And don't give warning either, simply return both flags at some point after x amount of minutes + some random number of seconds.

Destiny
04-02-2003, 14:03
HoF is great ... thats like removing the goalie from hockey or soccer. HoF plays an important roll.

Sir Lucius
04-02-2003, 14:48
Also remove this "grabbing" of the flag. Stealing is wrong and in it's current state ctf promotes bad morals.

Instead, the 2 teams should have to sort out their differnces with peaceful negotiations.

xpdnc
04-02-2003, 15:29
whenever enemies encounter each other they should be required to play a spirited game of yahtzee...all these weapons are just too evil!

[meph]DooM!
04-02-2003, 15:42
Just design the maps right and you don't need to worry about turtling..

Xagothae.1
04-02-2003, 18:00
whenever enemies encounter each other they should be required to play a spirited game of yahtzee...all these weapons are just too evil!

Either that, or have both roll an attack die and a damage die, because one player having more skill than the other is also unfair.

snow
04-02-2003, 19:38
DooM!']Just design the maps right and you don't need to worry about turtling..

Natural
04-02-2003, 20:28
Don't worry about turtling... just make it so if a match ends in a tie + standoff, the holders of the flags on each team have to play a game of tetrinet. That would seriouslly kickass... Your roster could read

Capper
HOF
LD
LD
HO
Deployer/Tetrinet

Sir Lucius
04-02-2003, 20:43
10 minute turtle stnad off ends in a duel ;o

Darkpoint
04-03-2003, 01:19
We had ideas like this for daveg.

I'm for the redesign the base stuff.

NoGodForMe
04-03-2003, 08:14
I haven't mastered getting the hof off the flag, but lately I've been capping more and I get tired of the hof. They can still block the flag, just not stand directly on it. To me, the hof is is like goal tending in basketball.

As for turtling, yes, map design is key.

Gauntlet
04-03-2003, 08:37
I haven't mastered getting the hof off the flag, but lately I've been capping more and I get tired of the hof. They can still block the flag, just not stand directly on it. To me, the hof is is like goal tending in basketball.

I can't believe what I just read. You are saying that because you can't get rid of a HoF they should be effectively removed as a threat. There are plenty of people out there that have little to no trouble moving a HoF out of the way. Just practice you'll get it.

Now, what can/does kill the HoF in T2 Classic is the stand design. Having small open flag stands, and no curb to catch you from sliding off, kills the position. One or two good discs, and you fall into the lava or the water, or slide down the side of a hill. It really is quite silly. While base design, is key for preventing a turtle, stand design is just as important for us HoF's.

half the sky
04-03-2003, 10:35
Also remove this "grabbing" of the flag. Stealing is wrong and in it's current state ctf promotes bad morals.

Instead, the 2 teams should have to sort out their differnces with peaceful negotiations.

OMG! you're brilliant. How many times have I said at the beginning of a match, "Why does there have to be so much killing? We can find a peaceful solution. Let's just share *your* flag."

Wufei
04-03-2003, 11:38
even i can clear the hof

NoGodForMe
04-03-2003, 12:14
I can't believe what I just read. You are saying that because you can't get rid of a HoF they should be effectively removed as a threat.
Thanks for the advice. On maps where the flag is indoors, it's hard to get the hof off the flag. Because once I start shooting, everyone nearby sees me. Pointy flag stand would be a good idea on those.

Xagothae.1
04-03-2003, 19:56
Thanks for the advice. On maps where the flag is indoors, it's hard to get the hof off the flag. Because once I start shooting, everyone nearby sees me. Pointy flag stand would be a good idea on those.

Is this on both indoor maps?

Besides, as Gauntlet said, there are plenty of people who can do it, it just takes a little thing called strategy.

mall0ry
04-03-2003, 20:00

:rofl:

play a little more mkay.

mojotooth
04-03-2003, 22:56
Why should HoF have to be a part of the game? I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss the option of removing HoF as a feasible position in CTF.

Wulfen
04-04-2003, 03:10
Why should HoF have to be a part of the game? I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss the option of removing HoF as a feasible position in CTF.

And seriously, how many people *like* being a HoF? I know I hated it.