[T3]Connection between the game and support ladders?

kesh
03-30-2003, 00:13
It'd be really cool, if at all possible to have supporting ladders of the tribes franchise (ogl [...], TWL, CPL[would be cool to get support from them]) play some role in the actual game. I know the game isn't going to have the bulky community browser it had before, but the ability to check, modify, attack, defend, submit, add players etc would be cool to do IN GAME. This could help smurfing issues and help admins of the teams stay on their tiptoes about matches etc.

Is this possible? can this idea atleast be thrown out?

Vang
03-30-2003, 00:16
Why not just move browser into a nice web interface and do everything externally? :)

kesh
03-30-2003, 00:29
That's almost already possible in Tribes 2...

Adroit
03-30-2003, 00:44
Why not just move browser into a nice web interface and do everything externally? :)

Q: Clicking in game and going out to a web link is a great idea. Will the game support it's own internal web browser so you don't have to use another program to browse the web?
No. Microsoft spends a lot of money making a perfectly good browser. I'm not going to spend game development money recreating a crappy version of it.

Hopefully this answers your question

Beren
03-30-2003, 07:47
1) I would rather Sierra's boys focused on getting a game that is playable enough to support ladders.

2) Some things a community does better then the game developer.

Vang
03-30-2003, 11:40
I'm not sure why you quoted that, but I meant do it externally as in IE or your favorite browser.