[T3] Anti-cheat mesures/Punkbuster support (Thrax/Marweas answer plz)

Voidsinger
03-20-2003, 20:00
How will T3 handle cheating? With "lead" weapons, we pretty much take out any form of auto-aim bot. There have been problem with some scripts that have been able to use the targeting/beacons feature and exploit them into a form of in-game Shiva/auto-spam points, but by far the most prevalent "cheats" are skin alterations (clearwater, red mines, pink invos, etc.).

Will T3 use a better version of the CRC check implemented and quickly dropped in T2? Will you go one step further and implement Punkbuster into T3?

EDIT: Just saw the other thread, but I still want to see what Sierra thinks about Punkbuster.

jsut
03-20-2003, 20:06
so delete this thread and post the question in the other one punkass :P

Natural
03-20-2003, 20:08
I can probably answer that for you... they can't say for sure yet. That's my guess, at least. Unless they've considered anti-cheating measures at a very low-level of the design...

jsut
03-20-2003, 20:12
Thrax has as much as said that isn't the case, see the quote from the t3.org Q/A in the other thread. at least in terms of CRC stuff.

Vurt
03-20-2003, 20:18
The grey area has always been client side scripting and textures in T2. Air waypoints, clear water, red mines, dumb firing rockets etc. I would prefer to see this area cleaned up in the intital release and then out side cheats such ie happy mod style patched out as they arise.

Limbo
03-20-2003, 21:39
punkbuster :lol:
it does jack**** is all i can say