[T3] Suicide bombing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rabid Poop
03-20-2003, 18:07
You can make your jetpack explode, killing you but doing dmg to people in surrounding area.

Knock a capper off his route etc.

:shrug:

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 18:10
I guess you could add some splash damage to ctrl+k. I don't see it beng used very often though :shrug:

Rabid Poop
03-20-2003, 18:11
me neither, but lots of little good things add up to a great game, not just the big features (though big features are more important).

Natural
03-20-2003, 18:29
I dunno... I think that would turn into something that was used by EVERY offensive player (capper who dies, base raper, distracter, etc.) You'd basically be creating something that everyone has to use, which would end up being scripted, which would end up being a pointless addition to the game.

I think in every standard situation, a player would rather go HO and throw mortars, rather than flying in as a light and blowing himself up. Suicide bombers would suck for defenders too...

Beef
03-20-2003, 19:07
What about a super speed burst that is semi long. Not like a REN boost but like NOSS in cars? But after it runs out you jets don't work anymore =(

R@ND0M
03-21-2003, 03:57
rather than flying in as a light and blowing himself up.

lmao
I just pictured that

Ceiling_Fan
03-21-2003, 09:14
What about a super speed burst that is semi long. Not like a REN boost but like NOSS in cars? But after it runs out you jets don't work anymore =(

That already exists. It's called a Disk Jump ;)

FiberOptik
03-21-2003, 09:26
Reminds me of BOTS (Battle of the Sexes) for Quake where depending on the number of grenades you had you could suicide and do more damage. If you had somewhere on the order of 50+ it was a massive explosion, but I definately agree with previous posters.. This could easily become an annoying feature.

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 19:47
I always thought it would have been cool if you could arm the satchel and then deploy. Few things tho. If you take damage while it's armed it goes off. Then you could say if you ctrl-k while it's armed it goes off.

Maybe that'd make it too powerful tho :\

Edofnor
03-26-2003, 03:53
Yeah, but if I'm going in for a satchel, and even hit the ground too hard flying in, it's lights out for me. I usually take damage going offense in a balanced battle, so it just seems like blowing up if you're hit carrying a satchel would render the pack largely useless.

Sir Lucius
03-26-2003, 03:57
that why you can drop and arm it to play it safe ;o

ZooL
03-28-2003, 13:53
I guess you could add some splash damage to ctrl+k. I don't see it beng used very often though :shrug:

You know thats a good idea.

Not alot-but like the damage of a PLASMA shot with the blast effect area of a grenade launcher round.

You sir have a VERY good idea sitting there, i can most definitely see that feature in a Tribes.

ZooL
03-28-2003, 13:58
I dunno... I think that would turn into something that was used by EVERY offensive player (capper who dies, base raper, distracter, etc.) You'd basically be creating something that everyone has to use, which would end up being scripted, which would end up being a pointless addition to the game.

I think in every standard situation, a player would rather go HO and throw mortars, rather than flying in as a light and blowing himself up. Suicide bombers would suck for defenders too...

Your not gonna be able to cap a flag when you control+K

If its a pack its pretty pointless since you can goto an anemy base and spamm mines and nades and grenade launcher rounds ALL THE WHILE wearing an energy pack and in light armor and doing the smae damage as a heavy.
No the pack wouldn't work, the control+K would work, this could be tested in SS:Tribes. This suicide bombing this would be great but only at limited damage. Not a frigging nuke pack.

R@ND0M
03-29-2003, 01:29
zools obviously never disced the ground before when suiciding..

TheGhost
04-01-2003, 00:10

NOSS?

Nitrous Oxide?
NOS is a brand :)

Ren killed the discjump, a good reason why you don't see anything like it in ren (except that rocket jump ****)

NoGodForMe
04-01-2003, 10:15
Reminds me of BOTS (Battle of the Sexes) for Quake where depending on the number of grenades you had you could suicide and do more damage. If you had somewhere on the order of 50+ it was a massive explosion, but I definately agree with previous posters.. This could easily become an annoying feature.

Ah, the good ole' days of Q2. There was a mod called Chaos, and you could do the same thing. Blow yourself up with a bunch of gernades. Made sense to take the fall if there we're many people around, because you got credit for kills. Worked well on populated servers with small maps, and was funny too.

FireStarter
10-25-2003, 01:51
Sorry for bringing this back up, but I am told as a member to do a search before posting, so I did. And I liked Rabid Poop's idea and wanted to add to it some:

What bugged me in T1 and T2 is when you CTRL + K, there is not a real reason why your player suddenly dies and drops to the ground.

Solution: In T:V, by pressing CTRL + K, one could cause the player to point his own weapon at himself and shoot himself in the head in one swift motion. However, the time it actually takes to get the job done may become a problem, especially with a heavy. So another idea is to animate the player reaching toward his back (top right shoulder) pressing a button or lever, causing the jet pack to over heat and exploding at that very instant and doing minor/significant damage in the area around the player depending on balancing issues within the game. (Rabid thought of it first)

Discuss?

No, I don’t think this should be a top priority for irrational, just an added suggestion to make T:V more gritty.

Njal Storm
10-25-2003, 03:08
also........ if shot in the back, with weakened shields...is there 'weakened shields'? then the jet pack explodes....

eierye
10-25-2003, 03:42
If you explode with ctrlk, I dont think points should be awarded for kills

Caden
10-25-2003, 04:24
I like this idea for some reason...

In this format, Alt-k should have zero concussive force, but playing with its damage modifier might be an interesting twist.