[T3]Scriptability

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 11:47
I think scripts should play much less of a part in T3 than they did in T1 or even T2. Don't allow scripts access to fire, deploy, or waypointing functions. They could still grab these events (i.e. when you deploy something it says in chat what it was) for use, but not trigger them. It would stop things like automissile, autobeacon invs scripts, and autopoints / spam scripts.

Only let scripts do weapon changing, drop ammo, and GUI enhancements.

Data
03-20-2003, 12:37
I would agree that scripting should be CHANGED to enforce the anti-cheating methods you mentioned, but it should continue to be a large part of customizing and enhancing gameplay both from a visual and a functional aspect.

Satan-
03-20-2003, 15:21
Removing waypoints totally would remove alot of possible cheats and private scripts (unfair advantages) and let the better/more aware players stand out even more.

Yogi
03-20-2003, 16:21
What's wrong with autobeacon inv now?

Da_Timsta
03-20-2003, 16:29
imo scripts is a great feature of tribes and tribes2, but the problems come when you gain obvious advantages using them. If they can make it so scripts only customize, it would be great.

I would really hate a game like t1 where you NEED scripts to compete.

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 16:49
What's wrong with autobeacon inv now?
It takes away from what is already a very unskillfull position. I don't think anything's that bad about autobeacon inv but just as an example of what wouldn't be possible. There are scripts that will automatically try locations all around your reticle in rapid succession so you can get that difficult deploy spot, which you really should have to do manually.

NoGodForMe
03-20-2003, 16:51
I mentioned this in the cheating thread and I'm glad others feel the same way. You'll get some 1 liner comic flames, but who cares.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1 98213

Fire on missile lock and auto hover scripts are cheating. The hud stuff is boarderline because some mods show the health level of everyone playing.

Weapon switching is cheating cause you could fire, then switch back to another weapon.

I hope that every time they do a patch, they update the exe so it screws up scripts. And tell PJ he's not wanted. That's the problem, people use his scripts and say they rule. So now the dude is just waiting to convert them all to T3. Nothing against PJ personally, but if he re-writes all the scripts, he's contributing to cheating.