Visibility

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 11:41
please don't have washed out textures that blend into the terrain. make it bright with flags and people glowing like in t1. Also, the model sizes etc should be designed with at least 110 FOV in mind.

Data
03-20-2003, 12:31
Err, I prefer 90FOV. :p

Why would you force an extended FOV as the default?

We need better trees in T3 also -- better as in fewer than 1,000,000 polygons like the rediculous ones in T2.

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 14:15
I'm not saying force 110, just have it in mind.

I dunno if you've tried playing T2 with 120 FOV but the player models get very small and difficult to see.

Just like how a musician will have a pair of crappy headphones to see how his music sounds on a low end system, the model designers should keep 110+ FoVs in mind when designing the models :D

FSB-SPY
03-20-2003, 14:38
I have a better idea for trees -- leave them the hell out of the game.

Da_Timsta
03-20-2003, 16:36
i totally agree on having more visible skins models and flag. I kinda liked the trees and other obstacles in t2, it gave the maps an interesting touch imo.

R@ND0M
03-21-2003, 04:08
I have a better idea for trees -- leave them the hell out of the game.

;-)

i like obstacles, but trees take up more polygons than theyre worth

definately take the idea to think about things like "Is a player going to make single color textures for this entire map to improve visibility, if so, should we include a command that does that for them"

Similar to the picmip command in Quake.
Although Tribes 1 was so well designed you could probably see better with the graphics detail up. Just because there is going to be 4GHz computers around, doesn't mean some people with <1GHz and GeForce 3's aren't going to want to play.