Weapon/pack balancing

Pages : [1] 2

Dac346_99
03-16-2003, 21:53
In TTN I hope they will make it so Light w/ energy can kick the **** out of an equilly skilled Light w/ shield. In t2 the shield has to be the gayest thing ever. Also CG in t2 owns the crap out of most other guns, A good whore will beat everyone. So what im asking for is that Light with shield should have way less armor then it currently does in t2.

Light w shield. Shield has low damage capacity
Medium w shield Shield has medium damage capacity
Heavy w shield shield has high damage capacity

This is one of the things that I hated about t2.

Ceiling_Fan
03-16-2003, 22:53
In TTN I hope they will make it so Light w/ energy can kick the **** out of an equilly skilled Light w/ shield.

That's the exact opposite of balancing.

Da_Timsta
03-17-2003, 01:17
In TTN I hope they will make it so Light w/ energy can kick the **** out of an equilly skilled Light w/ shield. In t2 the shield has to be the gayest thing ever. Also CG in t2 owns the crap out of most other guns, A good whore will beat everyone. So what im asking for is that Light with shield should have way less armor then it currently does in t2.

Light w shield. Shield has low damage capacity
Medium w shield Shield has medium damage capacity
Heavy w shield shield has high damage capacity

This is one of the things that I hated about t2.

EH

TeckMan
03-20-2003, 11:40
shield is a dueling specific pack. Thus it should beat the all purpose energy pack in a straigt up duel. Of course terrain always plays a major part, if the epacker has good hills he can hide behind then he should probably win, out in the open a shielder will win etc.

Natural
03-20-2003, 17:40
If you're dueling in the first place, a shield pack should have an advantage. The advantage of an epack is that you can run away.

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 20:23
:lol:

I just wanted to add, b/c this is a wep/pack topic...if there's going to be a cloak pack, let heavies use it :D

Cloaking heavies would be cool -- INVISABLE HO!!! Holy ****! :]

Also, if you jet with a cloak pack it kind of ****s you. I think it'd be kind of cool if they just had an "auto-off" if you use your jets (you momenterally uncloak)

Same with shield, but I guess I kind of suck with all that toggle **** :\

Beren
03-24-2003, 20:32

That about sums it up... heh..

Temp uncloak, or semi-uncloak, is a good idea.

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 20:34
Well, it'd only really be to save your energy. You gain very little by jetting while cloaked or shielded.

Colosus
03-24-2003, 20:52
Well, it'd only really be to save your energy. You gain very little by jetting while cloaked or shielded.

You could do that in a script rather easily.

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 20:53
Why not just integrate it tho (I'm not a scripter :/ )

Colosus
03-24-2003, 21:10
Why not just integrate it tho (I'm not a scripter :/ )

Cause not everyone wants that and who wants to code an option to disable it into the GUI? Easier to let fans do it. It isn't a bad idea, but not sure how much it'd be used.

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 21:18
Ok, but picture this: You are light D-ing when all of a sudden you some dust flying up from a hill, you see it peek over, the jets fire and a HO unloaks out of the fray. "OH ****!" You exclaim! But it's too late, a fatty flies over your head and smacks a mortar in your face. Vab, LD. It would help newbies who aren't good at toggling and who don't know about scripts.

Basically, the idea is that anyone who jets while having their pack in use will kill all their energy in about a second. That's really not enough to get anything out of it. The effect of the pack is gone anyways and it won't be back online now for a while. PLUS you're out of jets so you STILL can't get anywhere. It's just common sense energy preservation.

Now from a star trek perspective, if jetting leaves plama trails, how the hell are you supposed to cloak those? They'd totally give away your position.

Maybe just have it as an on off thing in the player config, but I personally think it'd be pretty helpful and useful to everyone.

R@ND0M
03-24-2003, 21:42
Hmm, a thread on whether the cloak pack should be included would be a good debate.

What types of bases are we going to see in the next Tribes, where a cloak pack would be useful?

Limbo
03-24-2003, 21:59
who the hell duels with a shield pack, takes the fun outta dueling :tard:

R@ND0M
03-24-2003, 22:22
Tribes Arena..

Sir Lucius
03-24-2003, 22:36
Hmm, a thread on whether the cloak pack should be included would be a good debate.

What types of bases are we going to see in the next Tribes, where a cloak pack would be useful?

I would want to see it for more as a snaek attack -- and I see no reason a heavy shouldn't be allowed to use it. They lose a lot of mobility when they don't have epacks, so when you give it to them they aren't really gaining an unfiar advantage. It will just be more of a snaek attack. And maybe it'd be used as a defensive weapon (cloaked HoF?) but if that were such a big problem you could just kill cloaking effects around the flag stand waypoint.

R@ND0M
03-25-2003, 00:30
Ya, but will the game be slow enough to require a sneak attack..

Sir Lucius
03-25-2003, 00:44
This is a fast sneak attack. Not like a tip toe sneak attack. The point is to have an advantage, and if the enemy can't see what direction you're coming from that's a good advantage.

R@ND0M
03-25-2003, 01:02
I have to admit. The most fun I ever had playing T2 was a night or two after its release. A friend and I LAN'd at my old work, and went around cloaked shocklancing people for a few hours.

Although a few days after that I quit, realising that night was probably the most fun T2 would ever be for me.
Only to play once or twice during TR2 beta, and the 'Classic rocks' phase a bunch of people went through.

Sir Lucius
03-25-2003, 01:12
Well, tribes 3 will be cool b/c it will have a greater focus on water falls :]

Waterfalls ROCK! >:0