Script idea for waypoints

{RiP}Zarious

Veteran X
I know there are scripts that will do what I want, but I don't think their's one that will do it how I want it done. What I'd like to see is a waypoint script, that allows you to change thier x,y,z position in game. For example.

You bind a key to place a waypoint. When you press the key, a waypoint appears where your stainding. But a window also pops up. It contains the x,y,z location for the waypoint and allows you to type in new positions by x,y,z to move it. You have another button to clear and reload the points, and the points automatically reload after you edit one. Their is also a bind that when the key is pressed, it brings up a list of your current waypoints. You choose one and it goes back to the edit window for that waypoint. The script should allow you to save your waypoints to seperate files "incase you want a set for each side of the map".

It would be a poor mans qfire. I'm too lazy to do it with qfire and this script would have applications that qfire doesn't. AKA I like to hang waypoints in the air on new cap routes. I try and match the arc I want coming thru the flag. As it stands I have to exit out of the game to change the vertical location of the waypoint. This script would simplify my life no end.

Any takers?

cant you take an existing script like warpoints change the waypoint in .cs save and exec again in console you wouldnt have to close tribes just minimize it to edithe the .cs that just a thought i had and wanted to share seems like it would work.

Try Dio's "Spray and Pray" method for WPing routes. I used to mark routes using this method all the time (I decided they weren't worth redoing for classic). Right now you're marking a single spot in trial, then wanting the ability to adjust it later if it didn't work as intended. I used to mark 10 spots on the same X/Y, with different Z coords. I'd name them in succession "A,B,C,etc". It's real easy to see which one is the "right" one after you try the route a few times, you at that point just need to delete all the others, save the one that's dead on. Repeat this process, then save the results all in one file to be loaded during the match.

It won't help you move them in game, but it's a more effective way of marking them to begin with. IMHO, moving your WPs is the last thing you want to do in the middle of a match.

Back