Viking pack: Trans problems

Whiplash

Veteran XX
I'm running the latest version of Viking and loving it. The only problems i have are the trans functions. I cant read my chathud because its totally trans. Also on a slightly more important note, i can't see the v-chat menu's. I hit v and see nothing.

i scanned the prefs.cs and didn't see anything that covers either problem. any help with this would be appreciated.

The only way to change this is in tree();
And Its too complicated, so drop it :)

can't read it? I bet you have the HUD disabled:p check and makesure yer chathud is visible..I think the default button is k.and if the hud is invisible thats why your vchat doesn't show up too.

you'd lose that bet cheese. its there, i have to look down at my feet or something dark to read what it says.

complicated... bah.

goto tree(); in console, look for playgui, then chathud. right click on it and goto properties and uncheck the box that says commander mode.

thanks man. i think i'll just go(back)to stripped. easier for me to do what i want when i want in stripped.
Of course i will be keeping some of the things form viking, skins mostly.

nah d00d, i'm not that fickle. I love both scripts but i had fewer problems with stripped. In this case i can take the better part of viking and add it to my stripped setup.

at one point not too long ago i had tribes installed in 5 folders. competition(stripped),pubbing(viking), mappersMod, presto, and clean.
that way i could quickly and easily test all the new things coming out. to date the best i ever tried was stripped. viking(before the blue trans crap) was a very close second.

Back