News Stories


Paladins fans protest lootbox system with lots of terrible mspaint art

Submitted by: Amadeus @ 05:11 PM | Tuesday, February 20, 2018 | (url: https://www.youtu...)

[youtube]aSWx3LJI734[/youtube]

The whole "cards unbound" system was met with a lot of pushback from the cummunity since the day it was announced. Now reddit is going full protest mode and flooding itself with minimal effort "fan art". Some of it is pretty hilarious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/


[img]https://i.imgur.com/v6j1XYC.png[/img]

Category: PC Gaming | 11 Comments
Tags: hirez

New York Legislators Unveil Legislation Banning Tide Pods

Submitted by: Odio @ 01:49 PM | Thursday, February 8, 2018 | (url: http://reason.com...)

The Tide Pod Challenge has reached the next stage of the safety hysteria cycle, with lawmakers proposing legislation to fight an alleged menace.

Not a single child died from consuming a liquid detergent package last year, and the number of child exposure incidents has been falling steadily since 2015. Yet a pair of New York legislators introduced a bill yesterday to keep the colorful laundry aids from being sold in the state.

The billsponsored by Sen. Brad Hoylman (D/WFManhattan) and Assemblymember Aravella Simotas (D/WFQueens)would require all detergent packages sold in New York to be of a uniform color that is "unattractive to children." The product would also have to come wrapped in child biteresistant packaging. Also, there would need to be a warning label informing would-be Tide Pod champions that the product is dangerous to eat.

"As the parent of two young kids, I'm very concerned about the safety of liquid detergent packets," Hoylman said in a press release. "It's way past time to fix these products or remove them altogether from store shelves."

Consumer safety activists also released statements of support for the bill. "By clearly marking individual packages with a warning message, I hope teenagers will rethink their self-harming behavior," said Shino Tanikawa, a member of Community Education Council District and clearly a master of how teens think.

The fear expressed by proponents of a Tide Pod ban is that the product looks and smells dangerously like candy, thus leading children to consume them.

Yet the actual number of fatal poisonings resulting from children consuming these items is quite small. From 2012 to 2017, only two children died from consuming liquid detergent packs. That's compared to the 16 kids under the age of 6 who died from exposure to batteries between 2012 and 2016, according to the National Poison Control Center. Batteries, you may have noted, do not resemble candy.

Category: Entertainment | 13 Comments
Tags: jews

[Gaming News] IndieGoGo Ready to Recoup Crowdfunding for Sinclair ZX Vega+ Handheld

Submitted by: Edofnor @ 05:25 PM | Monday, February 5, 2018 | (url: http://www.bbc.co...)

The team behind a controversial video games console has given a fresh delivery date pledge after the crowdfunding platform it used threatened to recoup backers' funds.

The Sinclair ZX Vega+ handheld was originally scheduled for delivery in September 2016, but has been repeatedly delayed.

...

Indiegogo told the BBC on Friday that it had set an end-of-May deadline.

The US company intends to appoint a third-party collections agency to obtain and return the 85 to 100 paid by consumers to get one of the machines, if that target is missed.

...

The London-based company (Retro Computers Ltd.) had raised 512,790 via Indiegogo for the project before it was blocked from raising further funds last year due to delays and a lack of communication with backers.

...

In a series of updates posted to Indiegogo, RCL acknowledged that it had "understandably been criticised for extended periods of 'radio silence'". It said it had been the subject of a "troll campaign" of criticism and blamed a series of issues for the delays, including:

-- a legal dispute with former company director Paul Andrews among others

-- a light bleed into the display of the device caused by problems with the original design of its plastic casing

-- a need to re-engineer the console's buttons, which are now said to be more comfortable

...

The BBC last reported on the Vega+ campaign in March 2017.

The company requested that the article not be published at the time on the grounds that it might compromise a police investigation.

The BBC did delay publication to give the company time to provide relevant evidence, but it never did so.

...

The latest promises are being made a week after a judge at Luton County Court ordered RCL to refund one of the console's backers, as reported by The Register...


[img]https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/15DC3/production/_99893598_521d4fe6-9414-4146-a3d8-a9d7c14975e6.jpg[/img]
[center]Image of "latest prototypes" posted by RCL[/img]


Twitch spammer faces criminal charges in Canada

Submitted by: Odio @ 09:03 AM | Saturday, January 27, 2018 | (url: https://na.alienw...)

Brandan Apple of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia is facing charges in connection with a massive spambot attack against Twitch streamers that took place between February and May of 2017. According to the CBC, Apple is facing a charge of ''mischief in relation to computer data,'' for ''willfully causing multiple repetitive messages to be transmitted.''

The criminal charges are separate from, but connected to, a civil case filed in BC Supreme Court that sheds more light on what happened. The lawsuit claims that more than 1000 Twitch channels were affected by the attack, which saw 150,000 messages posted at an average rate of 34 per minute, and as rapidly as 600 per minute on some channels.

Twitch eventually traced the spam back to chatsurge.net, a site allegedly run by Apple. The site is no longer up, but a video demonstrating the service that promises ''instant, unusable chat'' on Twitch channels is still available on YouTube.


Net Neutrality: Attorney Generals from 22 states appeal FCC's repeal

Submitted by: Amadeus @ 01:17 PM | Wednesday, January 17, 2018 | (url: https://www.youtu...)

Leonard French, your facourite copyright attorney, explains all the juicy legal details.

Basically, their argument is that the FCC is part of the administrative branch and as such doesn't get to just make new shit up, that's what Congress is for.


Kernel-memory-leaking Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign | Pe

Submitted by: SINep @ 08:23 PM | Wednesday, January 3, 2018 | (url: https://www.there...)

A fundamental design flaw in Intel's processor chips has forced a significant redesign of the Linux and Windows kernels to defang the chip-level security bug.

Programmers are scrambling to overhaul the open-source Linux kernel's virtual memory system. Meanwhile, Microsoft is expected to publicly introduce the necessary changes to its Windows operating system in an upcoming Patch Tuesday: these changes were seeded to beta testers running fast-ring Windows Insider builds in November and December.

Crucially, these updates to both Linux and Windows will incur a performance hit on Intel products. The effects are still being benchmarked, however we're looking at a ballpark figure of five to 30 per cent slow down, depending on the task and the processor model. More recent Intel chips have features such as PCID to reduce the performance hit. Your mileage may vary.

Best case: 17% slowdown
Worst case: 23% slowdown
The Register (@TheRegister) January 2, 2018

Similar operating systems, such as Apple's 64-bit macOS, will also need to be updated the flaw is in the Intel x86-64 hardware, and it appears a microcode update can't address it. It has to be fixed in software at the OS level, or go buy a new processor without the design blunder.

Details of the vulnerability within Intel's silicon are under wraps: an embargo on the specifics is due to lift early this month, perhaps in time for Microsoft's Patch Tuesday next week. Indeed, patches for the Linux kernel are available for all to see but comments in the source code have been redacted to obfuscate the issue.

However, some details of the flaw have surfaced, and so this is what we know.


More:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/


British man faces Dubai jail for smoking cannabis before he traveled there

Submitted by: Odio @ 02:54 PM | Saturday, December 16, 2017 | (url: https://www.rt.co...)

A British man is facing two years in a horrific Dubai prison after cannabis was found in his bloodstream. He claims he smoked the drug in the UK before travelling to the Gulf country to turn over a new leaf.
Connor Clements, 24, from Liverpool, says he had been sleeping on the floor of a cell with 25 others before being released on bail. Flying to Dubai to change his life and to start work as a waiter, he was arrested after medical tests at his new job revealed traces of cannabis.

Because of the United Arab Emirates zero-tolerance policy on drugs, the presence of cannabis in the bloodstream is classed as possession.

During a court hearing which, Clements claims, lasted less than a minute, he was sentenced to two years in prison and is now out on bail, ahead of his appeal hearing just before Christmas. His passport has been confiscated.

The Everton man told the Liverpool Echo: They are saying I smoked it here - but I did [it] back home, they have got no proof... I used to smoke a lot back home.
He added that he moved to Dubai because he had become stuck in a rut and wanted a fresh start. I came here to stop everything. It was a chance for me to change my life. But its been nothing but a nightmare," he said.

Following his arrest, Clements spent several weeks in a Dubai prison, describing the experience as horrific." He said the prison is atrocious. I didnt even go outside once. It was a living nightmare. They put me in a room with 25 people, I was sleeping on the floor. I didnt know what to do. I cant speak Arabic. No-one spoke English. It was outrageous. I dont want to go back in prison."

Category: Politics | 27 Comments
Tags: dubai

Gold price will explode & dollar get wiped out warns investor Peter Schiff

Submitted by: Odio @ 07:59 AM | Thursday, December 7, 2017 | (url: https://www.rt.co...)

Peter Schiff was among the few economists who correctly predicted the financial crisis in 2008. Ten years later, he sees another crisis emerging: a crisis that can crash the stock market and wipe out the US dollar.


I predicted a lot more than just the stock market going down back then. I predicted the financial crisis, but more importantly, I predicted what the government would do as a result of the financial crisis and what the consequences of that would be because thats where were headed. The real crash I wrote about in my most recent book is still coming, Schiff said in an article posted by Greg Hunter's USAWatchdog.com and quoted by ZeroHedge.

According to Schiff, the US Fed has inflated a gigantic bubble, which is impossible to pop, but when it bursts, the consequences would be very painful for the economy and much bigger than the 2008 meltdown.

I think this bubble is too big to pop. I think its the mother of all bubbles, and when it bursts, there is not a bigger one that the Fed is going to be able to inflate to mask these problems, meaning we cant kick the can down the road anymore. This time, the crisis is going to hit everyone in the wallet, he said.

He compared the $20 trillion US debt to a camel loaded with straws.

How many straws can you put on a camels back? You dont know until you put that final straw thats one too many and you break his back. So, can we go to $25 trillion in debt? Maybe. At some point, we are going to break the back of the camel with all this debt. Then we are going to find out how much debt we can pile on, and its not going to be pretty, Schiff said.

Everybody is going to lose. Everybody is going to get wiped out who has been partying in the stock market, the bond market and the real estate market. The dollar is going to tank, and purchasing power is going to get wiped out.

Schiff says the current financial system would also fail to artificially curb the prices of precious metals.

Category: Entertainment | 19 Comments
Tags: gold jews

21 year old Brit faces jail in Dubai just for witnessing punch up in hotel bar

Submitted by: Odio @ 05:17 PM | Friday, December 1, 2017 | (url: https://www.rt.co...)

A British woman could go to jail for a Dubai bar fight she wasnt even in. The row broke out between her friends and a drunk Swedish man, but it is Asa Hutchinson who is facing prison time because she lives in the UAE.
The 21-year-old, who originally hails from Chelmsford in Essex, claims that she was not even present when the fisticuffs broke out between the drunken 50-year-old man and her friends.

The group were leaving Dusty's bar and restaurant in the Dubai International Financial Centre district when the fight broke out. Hutchinsons pals had been taking photos with the intoxicated man, a technology company executive, who was passed out on a couch. He woke up during the impromptu photoshoot and started swinging.
Hutchinson claims she returned to the lobby upon hearing the commotion, but was not involved in the fracas.

The drunken Swede complained to police that the boys had taken his photo without consent and had been rude, both of which are against the law in Dubai. Hutchinsons friends paid a cash deposit to police to get their passports returned to them, which they promptly used to flee the country.

Hutchinson has been arrested in their stead, charged with assault and theft after the 50-year-olds reading glasses went missing in the commotion. Hutchinson could face up to six months in prison over the incident.

Although the drunken man was the one throwing punches, the first person to lodge a complaint with police is the one most likely to be believed in the eyes of Dubais legal system.

It is so unfair. I was not involved. I just happened to be there, but the police are not interested in anything I have to say, Hutchinson said. Once the man made his complaint, it was taken as fact. I cant go to jail, I couldnt cope.

Hutchinsons father, Iain, told the Times that the Swedish man that came out swinging should be the one languishing in jail. This older guy was the one hitting everyone he is picking on my young daughter, he said.

Category: Politics | 42 Comments
Tags: dubai

Overgrowth released 9 years after first announcement

Submitted by: Amadeus @ 01:38 PM | Monday, October 16, 2017 | (url: http://store.stea...)

Wikipedia says:

Since 25 November 2008, Wolfire Games has released new Alpha tests every 25 months, containing most of the features so far implemented in the game. These are available to people who have pre-ordered the game. Overgrowth was released 17 December 2013 as an Early Access title on Steam. On January 18, 2017 the game was officially updated to beta status.[11] The game reached 1.0 and was released on October 16, 2017 as planned.


A lot of waiting for a game about karate rabbits...


GTA Online gets a PUBG-style Battle Royale mode in the Smuggler's Run update

Submitted by: Odio @ 08:05 PM | Tuesday, August 29, 2017 | (url: http://www.pcgame...)

The Smuggler's Run update to GTA Online that was announced last week rolled out today, and it brought with it an unexpected surprise: A new and very familiar-sounding Adversary Mode called Motor Wars that Rockstar described as a "tense battle for survival" in which players scrounge for weapons and do battle inside an ever-shrinking "kill box."

"Blending the adrenaline rush of Drop Zone with the claustrophobic tension of a match of Penned In, this brutal Adversary Mode is a deadly scavenger hunt where second place is not an option," Rockstar said. "Up to four teams parachute into a periodically shrinking kill box strewn with a lethal assortment of guns, explosives and Weaponized Vehicles. Work together, find a vehicle, and fight opposing teams and the shrinking map to survive and win."

Minus the gunned-up cars, that's Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, and while Rockstar doesn't mention the monstrously successful Battle Royale game by name, it's clearly aiming to capitalize on its success. The move also validates our recently-shared opinion that GTA Online should have a Battle Royale modeand even better, our prediction that it would eventually get one.
[youtube]KI1ukKxPsGc[/youtube]
The Smuggler's Run update also adds a customizable aircraft hangar, "complete with a complimentary Cuban 800," and seven new aircraft including helicopters, vintage fighters, and even Cold War-era bombers. Naturally, there are also new cars in the mixthe Vapid Retinue and the Grotti Visioneand some sweet new duds to wear out on the town.


[WW3] North Korea fires missile over Japan in 'unprecedented threat'

Submitted by: Edofnor @ 10:29 PM | Monday, August 28, 2017 | (url: http://http://www...)

North Korea has fired a missile over northern Japan in a move Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called an "unprecedented" threat to his country.

The missile, launched early on Tuesday Korean time, flew over Hokkaido island before crashing into the sea.

The UN Security Council is expected to hold an emergency meeting in response.

...

No effort was made by the Japanese to shoot down the missile but it issued a safety warning telling citizens in Hokkaido to take shelter in "a sturdy building or basement".

US and Japanese forces are currently taking part in training drills in Hokkaido.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in ordered a show of "overwhelming" force in response to the launch. Four South Korean jets staged a live bombing drill on Tuesday.

Mr Abe said he had spoken to US President Donald Trump and that both agreed to increase pressure on North Korea.

Mr Abe called the launch an "outrageous act" and an "unprecedented, serious and grave threat [that] greatly damages regional peace and security".

He said his government was doing its utmost to protect people's lives.

North Korea's conventional and nuclear weapons programmes are a breach of international sanctions, so the test is being seen as a major provocation and an escalation of tensions on the Korean peninsula.

...

In other reaction:

A meeting of South Korea's National Security Council (NSC) was convened to discuss the issue, Yonhap reported.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson expressed "outrage" at North Korea's "reckless provocation".
Australia has condemned the launch as a "provocative, dangerous, destabilising and threatening act".
The Pentagon said that Tuesday's test did not represent a threat to the US and the military was now working to gather more intelligence about it.


Ryan Survived Ryan Survived

Submitted by: bowl of blood @ 07:28 PM | Sunday, August 20, 2017 | (url: http://www.tribal...)

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688701


Ryan Survived

Submitted by: Destiny @ 10:44 AM | Saturday, August 19, 2017 | (url: http://www.tribal...)

Owner of Tribal War almost goes to jail ... :)


Judgement day COMETH: More destroyed NASA data, Apollo

Submitted by: Togowack @ 12:39 AM | Friday, July 21, 2017 | (url: https://motherboa...)

If there is a God, we will find out about these missions, once and for all, before the end of days!!!